cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 DN to hunt group

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

I am having a hell of a time trying to get a specific DN to ring to a hunt group.  I have the line group, hunt list and hunt pilot created but I simply don't understand how to tell CUCM that if someone dials a sepcific DN, IE: 4555554569 then ring this specific hunt group.  

Can someone help me bridge that gap?  

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Call forward settings?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That DN has no forwarding but it has an associated device which appears to send it to dial by name.  Would I need to remove that device association and then set the forwarding?  Also I assume I would forward it to the dummy extension of the hunt pilot?

OK, exactly what call flow are you trying to achieve???

HTH

java

I think I said that in my original post?  

External user calls a specific DN and I want that DN to ring x number of phones, simple as that.  

OK, so... if this is a DID, configure the DID as the hunt pilot, if not, you can use a TP to reach it.

I don't see where the problem is, a hunt pilot DN is the exact same thing as any DN you would add to a phone.

HTH

java

As Java said you need a Translation Pattern (Menu Call Routing > Translation Pattern) that converts the expected PSTN called number you are waiting for, to the internal number that you specified in the hunt pilot.

Here's attached a screenshot for a TP that converts the number "3115552368" to "8961". 8961 is the pilot number for a Hunt List containing some Line Groups. So when the call hits CUCM, it looks for Translation patterns, DNs, Route Patterns, Hunt Pilots etc. to route the call to its destination.

No, thats completely wrong, CUCM doesnt look at TPs before anything else, what you can reach via your CSS, follows the same logic for digit analysis, no matter where the DN or pattern. It always follows the best match rule.

HTH

java

True Java, I got it wrong or I don't know what when studying the CIPT. :-) The best match is always the selection criteria. But when CUCM hits 10 TPs it just stops looking at TPs. +5 and a beer to Java

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

I figured it out. 

Directory number forwards to dummy Hunt Pilot pattern destination (cisco word for extension?) and which goes to VM after 10 seconds and only relays any messages left to a distro.  DN# also has a route point assigned to it as well.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: