cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 incorrect phone status

rbpollock01
Level 1
Level 1

Running cucm 9.1(2) with 1 pub and 6 subs. Phones that were resently removed from the network are still showing as registered on both the PUB and the SUB. Phone IP address is not reachable from any of the servers by ping. Restarted the RIS and Tomcat services to no avail. Need help with the next method of troubleshooting.

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmm, that is odd, are they actually saying "registered" or "unregistered"?

Chris

Showing registered, but physically disconnected from the network.

Did you try restarting callmanager service not he subscriber it is registered to? Are these phones all registered to the same Sub or different Subs? Is db replication working fine?

Chris

I have restarted the cluster in the past no fix. The phones that I am aware of are showing registered to their secondary cm server. DB replication checks fine. I am wondering if it is hosts file issue. When I view the Unified CM Cluster Overview I see that 3 of the servers only show the hostname whereas the other servers in the cluster show hostname and FQDN.

I may have found the issue. It appears that DNS is not configured on the servers in question. Will configuring DNS cause a server reboot or any other noticeable outage?

Yes, adding DNS will cause a reboot.

Chris

Hi Brent,

Could you please check below parameter.

This parameter specifies the RIS database information storage period for any unregistered or rejected device information from the Cisco CallManager service. After the time specified in this parameter expires, Cisco CallManager removes the expired entries during the next RIS database cleanup time (specified in the RIS Cleanup Time of the Day parameter)
 This is a required field.
 Default:  3
 Minimum:  1
 Maximum:  30

Unit: day

Also try to reset or restart the phone from CUCM web page and see what is the status after that.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

I verified this configuration is correct for our environment, I have also tried resetting the phones in question. Replication is good for the cluster and my TAC case has been escalated, could possibly result in a bug. I will update with any information I receive.

What was the resolution to this? I am having the exact same issue on cumc 8.5 (1).