Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 publisher & subscriber

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

• If the publisher is down (hardware replacement), i can do changes such as  i can add phones, adding features,adding services, in subscriber or the subscriber is only in read only mode??? In 6.X is it was a read only or read write.???
  • If my publisher hardware is back, is it i can restore the database from the subscriber which is active, or before failure publisher backup should be restored to the publisher, and then add the additonal configuration of subscriber which was done when publisher hardware was down.

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes...

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

EM has nothing to do with UFF and is not included in those features, you need to have EM redundancy either by setting 2 IP phone services, and telling users to try the 2nd one if the 2st one fails, use DNS, or IOS SLB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

If the publisher is down, you wont be able to add phones or make any administrative changes. Only end user facing features can be modified. eg CFwdAll.

You can restore the subscribers database to the publisher starting from version 8.6. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116946-technote-product-00.html

Please rate useful posts.

Hi Clark,

[+5] to George and Jaime.

You can refer the docs for UFF  and restore from SUB

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52421/troubleshooting-cucm-database-replication-linux-appliance-model

New and Changed Information for Cisco Unified
Communications Manager Release 8.6(2)

regds,

aman

Hi Clark ,

link is 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_2/delta/delta862.html

NNew Feature for Restoring the Database of a Publisher Node

When using the Disaster Recovery System to restore the publisher node of a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster, you can restore the publisher database using the database from one of the subscriber nodes.

If the backup file that you select for the restore process includes a CCMDB database component, a drop-down list box appears in the Restore wizard that allows you to choose the node from which to restore database data. When you use this option, Cisco Unified Communications Manager restores the publisher database from the database of the chosen subscriber node, and restores all nondatabase components from the backup file that was selected during the restore process.

If the backup file that you select does not include a database component, the drop-down list box does not appear.

This feature is intended for situations where you need to restore the user-facing features from the subscriber node and a backup file for the publisher exists. If no backup of the publisher node exists, this feature is not available.

regds,

aman

Dears,

As per the link provided the User facing features(UFF) contains Extension Mobility (EM) that was my main concern,

so please confirm to me that when PUB is down we can creates a new EM service on the subscriber??

Thanks

Hi Clark,

What I understand is that when Pub goes down , u won't be able to logout and login from EM since that IP address is not reachable without UFF say CUCM version prior to 6.

If UFF is there, u can logout and login provided u have different EM service pointing to another CUCM server in a cluster but u cannot configure a new EM service when PUB is down.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman

so from your reply what i understand is below,

Suppose a UDP and phone has been subscribe to 2 no's EM services (1for pub,1 for sub), and if the user is logged in by publisher EM service and if suppose suddenly the publisher goes down,

the user will be able to logout from the EM service of publisher and can he choose the subscriber EM service to login again??

please confirm??

Yes...

regds,

aman

EM has nothing to do with UFF and is not included in those features, you need to have EM redundancy either by setting 2 IP phone services, and telling users to try the 2nd one if the 2st one fails, use DNS, or IOS SLB.

HTH

java

Thanks jaime and Aman for confirming.

+5 to you both

Last question.

If my both servers (pub,sub) are working fine, still the user can choose any EM service(pub or sub) for login.

Thanks

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 no changes, unless UFF

2 No, you need to do a DRS restore. What's the prodedure, depends on version, read the backup and restore doc for your CUCM version for full details.

HTH

java