Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 When pressing Messages button it shows select service

asarmiento85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Just finished a migration from BE5K to BE6k and I have some phones with issues accessing the voicemail by pressing the Messages button. they receive a message that says Select Service. this was working before the migration off course!

do you have any idea why this could be happening ?

I forgot to add the version of CUCM that I'm running is 9.1 (Latest)

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have VVM configured??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

no, VVM is not configured.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This will happen anytime there is more than one Phone Service of Messages type subscribed to the phone. This can either happen globally using the Enterprise Subscription option; or, on the phone itself. I have seen this happen with BAT jobs where the phones were imported more than once and their config was overwritten but the separate checkbox to delete existing subscribed services was not selected.

Check your services and delete any duplicates. If there aren't any then check the phone itself for a duplicate and clear it out.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

So the issue was corrected by creating a new phone service called new voicemail and pointing it to the same url, make sure you check the enterprise parameter so that you don't have add it to all phones
Next reset the phones
Last remove the old phone service

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

One more thing, make sure you follow the instructions on these document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15799

I have had success using the following part:

Rollback Enterprise Parameter

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: