cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9, Cannot get ccmadmin page up - Fresh Install

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I'm doing something dumb and I just cant figure it out.  I am setting up a home lab to train for my CCIE Collaboration.  I have done fresh installs of the latest version of CallManager, Unity Connections, Presence, and UCCX.  Earlier in the week I had been setting it up on my laptop in VMWare Workstations.  I had absolutely no issues doing it that way.  Wait a bit, and you could get right in to the web interface.  I just picked up some Poweredge 2950's and loaded ESXi 5.5.  I used the OVA templates.  Unity, Presence, UCCX and the ELM from CUCM is loading fine.  I dont understand why I cant get the ccmadmin page up on my CallManager.  I've reloaded it several times.  I loaded a demo license in to the ELM thinking that might fix it.  Many many reboots.  Nothing.  I'm at a loss.  I am able to get to the OS Administration page as well.  Just not ccmadmin.

I'm sure its something really simple and stupid.  Can someone enlighten me?  All of my CCNP Voice training was in version 8.

I read something about partitions not being alligned being a problem.  I dont think that is the case here.  Here is what I get when I log in to the OS Admin.

Cisco Unified Operating System Administration

System version: 9.1.2.10000-28

VMware Installation: 1 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 6144Mbytes RAM, Partitions aligned

12 Replies 12

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you connect over SSH and do an utils service list? Is the CallManager Admin service running?

G.

Hi John.

what is the browser with exact version u are using ?

regds,

aman

I've used both IE and Chrome (the latest versions).  I did a list of running services and the CallManager admin is stopped, and there is a flag saying its administratively disabled.  I'm almost 100% positive this is some sort of licensing issue.  I'm going to call TAC.

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try restarting the TOMCAT service from the CLI or the web gui on the serviceability page ?

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar                             

Also check if the call manager admin service is in started mode or not in addition to tomcat .

That and the Serviceability service are not running.

Hi John,

Is ELM co-resident with Publisher ?

I doubt it is a licensing issue since it comes with 60 days grace period.Can u share the output of utils service list from Pub?

regds,

aman

No, that's not it, with a brand new CUCM install you get 60 days of a working box before we disable services due to licensing not being correct.

And your environment is not supported, we do not support ESXi 5.5, that is still in the works, the latest one we support is ESX 5.1 for some apps. Try ESXi 5.1, that might be the problem.

And the service in charge of showing the pages is Tomcat.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hey Jaime,

Is this a known problem with ESXi 5.5?  All of my other VM's work including Unity which is the same binary files as the CallManager.  I'm not opposed to rebuilding everything, but I dont want to spend a day rebuilding if its a waste of time.  I do admit though that the thought did cross my mind that this could be the problem.

BTW - Tomcat is running (as confirmed through CLI), and all of the other pages load.

Only the BU could answer your question, they're the ones doing the testing right now, and I don't think they're close to enabling support for 5.5

Right now, we cannot tell you what to expect/not expect if you install on that version.

I'd go with a supported ESXi version to avoid any surprises.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I wanted to follow up with everyone.  It definitley was ESXi 5.5.  I installed 5.1 and it works like a champ now.  How weird.

[+5] for Jaime.

regds,

aman