Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9 cannot use unassigned Directory numbers

Nightspider_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Previous to version 9.1.2 we could disassociate a directory number from a device but still call forward it to voicemail or another number. I have version 9.1.2 and this is not possible anymore. 

Instead i get the “Your number could not be dialled, please consult your directory…” – previously on CM6, we could have DN’s which went to VM but weren’t associated with devices.

I susspect we have to now use Translation patterns instead but was just wondering if this is a fault or something that has been removed

Many thanks in advance

Amre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, you definitely have to assign a DN to a device before you can forward it.

I would advise them to use Translation Patterns, but if they resist that or do not know how to use them, just show them how to create a fake device. I used fake devices so that I could more easily search in directory numbers to find the dummy extension. It was more convenient for me to do it that way. Experiences may vary...

Jonathan Beardsley CCNA Voice; MCITP Telecom & Network Administrator DECOSIMO

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

8.6 works this way as well. You can create a fake device and apply the forwarding there, if you are trying to avoid Translation Patterns. Just make it a fake mac address. However, the best way to do it is Translation Patterns.

This is not a fault or error in the system. I think it is an "encouragement" to use Translation Patterns.

Thanks Jonathan

I don't mind Cisco's "Encouragement" its the customer's that don't like change :)

So are we def saying that this does not work as before and best to use translation patterns?

Well, you definitely have to assign a DN to a device before you can forward it.

I would advise them to use Translation Patterns, but if they resist that or do not know how to use them, just show them how to create a fake device. I used fake devices so that I could more easily search in directory numbers to find the dummy extension. It was more convenient for me to do it that way. Experiences may vary...

Checking the "actice" box in the DN config makes this work.

Checking the "actice" box in the DN config makes this work.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

I think this should still work.  You just need to have the "Active" checkbox checked on the directory number.