Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9 - LDAP Integration Question

abraham23482
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a IPT cluster that we are trying to integrate to the AD. The local user IDs in CUCM with the EM profile mapped are 4 digit numeric IDs.

I have a report of SAMAccount names from AD and I created a BAT file with the User ID ( as SAMAccountName) and its corresponding EM Device profile as controlled profile.

I would like to know if there is a way to use this BAT file to update the existing 4 digits user IDs so that currently logged in users will stay logged in to EM and their user IDs will get changed to SAMAccountName.

I tried doing this straight away with the BAT file having USER ID (SamAccountName), First name and Last name expecting the last 2 fields to match the numeric accounts in CCM and update the User ID but the error says unable to find User ID.

Truly appreciate any thoughts or ideas around this. Thank you.

-abraham

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With LDAP integration, you cant update user-ids. This is obtained from AD.

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks Guys. I was almost sure that this was not possible.

I will go ahead with the LDAP sync then a bulk logout and a bulk login back with the LDAP IDs using some EM tools.

Thank you. -abraham

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I am pretty certain what you are trying to do is not possible.

If I had the same challenge I would do the following:

1. Sync the new users from AD with SAMAccountName as the userid attribute
  2. From the Device > Phone page get an Actively Logged In Devices report and paste it into Excel
  3. Use some Excel trickery (VLOOKUP) to add a column containing SAMAccountName date to the spreadsheet created in the previous step.
  4. Use the attributes from the spreadsheet to create a text file containing data in the format below:
url = "http://<<CUCM IP>>/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=<<DEVICENAME>>&userid=<<USERID>>&seq=<<PIN>>"

The Excel CONCATENATE function is your friend for this.

5. Log out all the EM users using BAT

6. Use the text file created in step 4 in conjunction with CURL - see URL below - to log in the users using their new names to the phones.

http://curl.haxx.se/

Obviously try this on a few test users before running it for everyone.

HTH

James 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: