cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.X DRS restore license

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

One of our customer wanted to upgrade thier current CUCM from 6.x to 9.x. I have done everything in our lab environment to upgrade to 9.x including the 9.x license. I have installed CUCM 9.x in customers UCS server and ready to do DRS restore from my lab cucm9 to customers server, what I need to know is about backup and how to do with the licensing . Here is my doubts I need clarification

1. When I backup the CUCM 9 it is giving option to backup CUCM and ELM too, do I need to backup ELM  and restore both in the new server ? if I do how does the licensing work.? Is it rehosting works just by deleting the current license on new server and get a new license from licensing team after the restore.

2. If I don't do the ELM backup, can I just backup CUCM and restore as we normally do in the pre 9x release and just send an email to licensing team to rehost the license.?

Since the documentation is not clear on Cisco side about this I want to follow the correct method to do the restore and licensing.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: