Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.x :: MGCP gateway status shows "Unknown" in IP address

Hello All,

I has been updated a cluster from 6.1x to 9.1.x, after doing MGCP gateway working fine technically but the gateway page shows  IP Address "unknown" , i am not sure either it is  a bug or any cosmetic issue. 

I am attaching the snapshots as an reference.

Regards,

Muhammad.

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do realize the GW you circled is H323 and not MGCP, right???

That's the expected behavior for H323.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

I am talking about MGCP, on main page it showing "Blank" normally but in attachment it is showing "Unknown".

Everything working fine other then cosmetic issue, please let me any one know how we can fix it out.

Regards,

Ryhan

Hi Rhyan,

It is OK.

When u click on See Endpoints, it should show Status as " show Registered " with which CUCM it is registered followed by IP address of GW.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

I agreed with your point but i has been checked 7.x and 6.x there the filed is blank which make more sense then displaying unknown :/

I am trying to find the reason of it why it is like this ? do you have any idea ?

RIS service working fine.

Regards,

Ryhan

Hi Ryhan,

It is hard to say why it is like in CUCM 9 . In CUCM 7, I have checked that portion is left as blank.

The only bug which I could find is already shared by Manish.

regds,

aman

yes, but Bug was only listed for 3.x

No worries.

Thanks for your help Aman and Manish :)

Hi Team,

I using CUCM 8 and facing same issue, in terms of CUCM everything working properly, but i am not getting why unknown coming on the place of IP address.

regards

hari

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi Hari,

Suggest opening TAC case if TAC engr. could share thoughts on why it is like this.

regds,

aman

Thaks

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi Ryan,

This is a commonly seen issue where MGCP endpoints show unregistered on cucm page but are actually working fine. In a lot of cases a restart of the RIS Data Collector service or the callmanager service takes care of the issue. There were a couple of bugs for this issue in the old versions on cucm like the one below

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCdx16117/?reffering_site=dumpcr

However, for RCA you might need to involve TAC.

HTH

Manish

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And for the ones might be running MGCP, you'll never see them registered in that page, go the actual endpoint to see that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, why do MGCP endpoints show as IP Address: Unknown on the main Find and List Gateway page in CUCM 9.1?  I can't locate documentation that gives a reason.