Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.
Bronze

CUCM Application Users and devices

We add all our phones to an Application User's controlled devices and it works fine.  However, I have a couple of questions about it.

When a phone breaks and must be RMA'd, does the phone have to be removed from the Controlled devices list?  I know we have to manually add the new phones, but do they auto-delete when the phone is no longer available?

When a new phone is added, does the mac address always auto-populate the "available devices" list?  If so, why is there a "Find more phones" button?

Thanks!

Ven

Ven Taylor
Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Ven,

Why do you associate all phones with the application user> Is this for some application?

When you RMA a phone you should simply be able to modify the device name (MAC address) instead of deleting it and then all associations will remain.

HTH,

Chris

Super Bronze

SQL!

From the server CLI via SSH, for normal users:

run sql select  e.userid userid, d.name DeviceName  from enduserdevicemap em join enduser e on em.fkenduser = e.pkid join device d on em.fkdevice =  d.pkid

Or application users:

run sql select  e.name userid, d.name DeviceName  from applicationuserdevicemap em join applicationuser e on em.fkapplicationuser = e.pkid join device d on em.fkdevice =  d.pkid

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Ven,

Why do you associate all phones with the application user> Is this for some application?

When you RMA a phone you should simply be able to modify the device name (MAC address) instead of deleting it and then all associations will remain.

HTH,

Chris

Bronze

Yes.  We have a medical application that the phones need to use.  All 250 of the phones are used for this purpose.

Clever idea though.  That's definitely something we can do.  I didn't think about just recycling the mac addresses.

Great, now I have to re-do our procedures documentation!!!

One more thing.  Can you think of a way to list all of the devices associated to a specific app user via the command line?The web gui shows them, but it would take hours to scroll, write, scroll, repeat.

Thanks!

Ven

Ven Taylor
Super Bronze

SQL!

From the server CLI via SSH, for normal users:

run sql select  e.userid userid, d.name DeviceName  from enduserdevicemap em join enduser e on em.fkenduser = e.pkid join device d on em.fkdevice =  d.pkid

Or application users:

run sql select  e.name userid, d.name DeviceName  from applicationuserdevicemap em join applicationuser e on em.fkapplicationuser = e.pkid join device d on em.fkdevice =  d.pkid

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

Rock on!!!  That's exactly what I was looking for. 

Is there a resource for this kind of thing?  Looks like this could turn out to be a useful tool.

Ven

Ven Taylor
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content