Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM as Backup

slaam2013
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I have a question , i have a cluster for 2 Cisco call manager and my cluster is working very fine. I purchased a 3rd CUCM server  can i use it as a backup server and if yes ,is this need any licenses because i donot have budget to purchase?.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Email licensing@cisco.com for free node license.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

slaam2013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to mention that i mean by backup , that when my cluster is down my backup server can serve my IP Phones.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean you purchased 3rd CUCM? As of version 8 or something like that CUCM nodes are free.

Any device on CUCM can communicate with 3 CUCM servers, so yes you can definitely use it as another backup in your cluster.

HTH,

Chris

Hi

1- I have CUCM MCS v8.6 as a H/W for 3 servers and i enabled cisco call manager on PUB and 1 X SUB, but the license only covered 2 servers . My question regading the 3rd server , can i use it as a backup without license or any thing else ?. I need to make 3rd server to be used ,so i have to disable Call manager service from Pub to allow the other two servers work as subscribers?.I need also to mention that when i tried to enable call manager on 3rd server , i got that there is no licenses.So on my group only 2Xservers (PUb and Sub)

thanks

Email licensing@cisco.com for free node license.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: