Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM Backup Doesn't delete the old backup

When I check the SFTP server I find old backup, why the Call manger doesn't replace the old backup with a new one?

Thanks

• IP Telephony
6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi Senam,

The call manager won't delete the old backup which is lying on your PC [on which SFTP software is running].

If u need to delete backups , then, u need to manually delete it.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks very much for your quick repond. how do I know which file I need to delete and which one I have to keep because I don't want to delete them all?

Why the call manager doesn't delete the old back up or overwrite the current one? and what does't this mean Number of backups to store on Network Directory? Thanks

VIP Purple

Hi senam,

The backups are created by format YY/MM/DD followed by time [at which u have taken the backup] and hostname of server in a cluster and the component like TFTP, CCMDB,PLATFORM]

Suppose if u have a cluster of three servers [one PUB and two SUBs] then, there would be 24 files created during backup.

7 files for SUB each, 9 files for PUB and one drf component .

Number of backups to store on Network Directory : if the value has been kept as say 4, then, while taking fifith backup, first backup would get deleted from folder where backup is being taken.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Yes I have 24 files on March 2013 and the same on June. Could you please explain what are SUB and PUB mean I know they are subscriber and publisher but don't know what they do or what are they exactly. Many Thanks

Re: CUCM Backup Doesn't delete the old backup

Check the permissions of the account used for SFTP server and SFTP server itself to see if the account has rights to delete files.

Try using FileZilla and SFTP to the server with same username and see if you can delete files.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi ebergquist,

I'll try delete them from the SFTP.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies