Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUCM Blind Transfer to Exchange 2010 UM

Got a client who upgraded to CUCM 9.1(1a) from 7.x and is using Exchange UM as their VM.  They want to do a blind transfer into VM to directly send calls into someones VM box. 

Normally, in a CUCM/UC or Unity setup we'd create a transfertoVM profile with the VM number as its pilot and a mask like XXXX and then create a CTI Route point with a DN on it something like **XXXX where XXXX is the extension you want to go into the VM and the DN is set to Call Forward all to the transfertoVM profile.   So if, from another phone, you dial **1234, you would hear the VM greeting for the user who had the mailbox 1234. with call forward all to voicemail. 

Problem is that this doesn't seem to work against Exchange UM.  You get directed to the general greeting instead.  This leads me to believe that the handoff isn't passing the masked number correctly (probably something in the SIP trunk settings) or Exchange UM isn't interpreting it as expected so it's going to the general greeting instead.

Again, these are linked using a SIP trunk.

I've seen references for creating a secondary trunk for the condition where you are picking up a line and you want to transfer the call back into the VM for that line (and you change the redirect info to match), but this is different - this is transferring the call into VM from a different line.    Has anyone got this to work in CUCM 9.x and Exchange UM 2010?  I'm sure it should be something simple that I'm missing,but I haven't quite found it yet, or I've bumped into some kind of bug.

All thoughts are appreciated.

6 REPLIES
Green

Christopher

Have a look at this setting on the CUCM SIP trunk

Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound

Check this check box to include the Redirecting Number in the outgoing INVITE message from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager to indicate the original called party number and the redirecting reason of the call when the call is forwarded.

Uncheck the check box to exclude the first Redirecting Number and the redirecting reason from the outgoing INVITE message.

You use Redirecting Number for voice-messaging integration only. If your configured voice-messaging system supports Redirecting Number, you should check the check box.

The default value for Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound specifies check box does not get checked.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91_chapter_01001000.html#CUCM_RF_SBB2D11C_00

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Thank you.  I should have indicated in my initial description that this is checked off for both inbound and outbound traffic.  The process works correctly for calls to the number that are forwarded to voicemail, bbut it fails on direct to VM or transferred direct to VM calls.

Hi Christopher, Were you able

Hi Christopher,

This solution above (Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery) works well for calls directed to a phone that busy out to voicemail.  We are having the problem (as you have mentioned) when a user with an extension defined in Exchange tries to use the *XXXX route point, the calls end up being sent to a login prompt instead of a greeting to leave a message.  Have you found a solution to that piece?

Thanks,

Joshua Learn

Hi Joshua,I faced the same

Hi Joshua,

I faced the same issue with CUCM 10.5 & Exchange 2013 integration. The calls to the VM was landing to the greeting for login.

I tried on the SIP trunk and it worked perfectly.

Thanks Narayan.  What about

Thanks Narayan.  What about transferring calls to *XXXX to go directly to voicemail?  Is that part working well for you?

Hi Joshua,I believe you are

Hi Joshua,

I believe you are asking about this part "We are having the problem (as you have mentioned) when a user with an extension defined in Exchange tries to use the *XXXX route point, the calls end up being sent to a login prompt instead of a greeting to leave a message.  Have you found a solution to that piece?"

It works fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content