Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm bulk - update ip phone field

potan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ;

i just implemented and deploy about 1000 units ip phone for one of the customer. All ip phone been configured with DN, PT, CSS and etc, and register to CUCM 7.1.3 work well. But i found in IP Phone config i miss configure one parameter "Owner User ID", which need to configure the user id in this field.

Question here how or the best way to update those 1000 units ip phone for the user id in this field ? Pls advice with the right procedure. THanks.

rgds

tan

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll need to do this via BAT using a custom file.  You can do a bulk update of phones from BAT using a custom file.  You'd want to specify the Device Name and the Owner User ID in a CSV file for BAT to read from.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hailey ;

i know bulk can do, but can you advice right step and procedure ? Thanks.

rgds

tan

David, I've got the same problem and it looks like this is the solution:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080affd4d.shtml

What are the chances I could hose up a 7.x cluster with this procedure?  I was planning to import small batches of 1/10/50 then let the rest of the 1000 phones go in one big job...

Whaddaya say?

Thanks!

Phil

I guess it depends on your version of "hose up" but, personally, I wouldn't be overly concerned with running this procedure.  The only parameter I would put on it is to do it after hours especially if you have a large amount of phones.  Essentially this is exporting data, you modify the data, and then it reinserts it.  However, you're instructed to flag the "overwrite existing data" flag which allows you to overwrite the entries as opposed to get an error for every record that already exists (in the case of phones, BAT is looking at the device name/mac address) when you run the BAT job.  If you want to be extra cautious, you could run a BARS backup right before you perform the tasks.  However, if you follow the procedures and are comfortable with BAT then you should be fine.  My only other advice is something I always say about BAT which is to be diligent in making changes to or creating your CSV (or seed) files and save your modified copies with different filenames.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: