cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call Park Reversion

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why the call park reversion is acting the way it is for us. Below is how we are setup currently.

Location A - User A

Location B - User B

Location C - User C

Location D - User D

Each location has a hunt pilot (HP 1) associated with it that has a hunt list and three line groups. Line group 1 for Location A has only location A users. Line group 2 for location A has Location A users and Location B, C, and D users. All line groups are set to broadcast.

Here is a rough call flow:

PSTN --> Cube --> CUCM (Translation Pattern to CTI RP) --> CUC (Call Handlers for caller input) --> CUCM (Hunt Pilot) --> CUCM (Hunt List) --> CUCM (Line Group) --> Phone(s)

Here is an example of what is happening:

Caller dials Location A, gets routed to CUC for auto attendant and selects applicable option number (press 1). CUC then routes based on the call handler transfer rule to go to the associated Hunt Pilot in CUCM. The call then rings the first line group associated with the HL/HP, and User A at Location A picks up the phone before it RNAs to Line Group 2 which contains users from A, B, C, and D. User A then places caller on park. After the set system parameter for the call park reversion timer of 2 minutes, the call comes back to User A (this is expected). User A doesn't answer for whatever reason. The call then after a short period gets answered from a user at Location B, C, or D.

I captured the traces of the call and I am able to see it clearly getting to User B, C, or D but the only reason is for "Call Park Reversion". I want to know why its going to these other locations because we want to change it. The settings on the lines for all users have the Forward Busy Internal/External, Forward No Answer Internal/External, and Forward Unregistered Internal/External going to another Hunt Pilot (HP 2) that contains Line Groups with only Users for their specific location and not designed like the above scenario. Also, in the traces the final destination number for the call leg when user B, C, or D answers displays the main number for Location B, C, or D. I find this peculiar because the only place that number is referenced is in a translation pattern that point to a CTI RP to get sent to CUC.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.
2 Replies 2

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

No ideas?

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Can you attach the traces for us to look at?  I'm not sure if call park reversion will use the normal forwarding features if the reversion device is busy.