Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call Processing

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

hello Experts,

I have 4 No's UCS  2 no's in cach location HQ and DR and 4 No's of VG,  2 no's in cach location HQ and DR

I have 4 UCS servers plannng to deploy 2 no's in HQ and 2 No's in DR. If  am not wrong there will be only 1 Publsher and rest all will be the subsciber, but  what i need is that the DR subcriber should process the calls in DR and if the DR subscriber fails then the other subcriber of DR should take the role of processing the calls,

How can i acheive the above. what confguration i have to do on the CUCM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

Sure you can use one ELM and one Uniti Connection just in main site and share them with other sites.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cucm groups

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Can you elaborate more. YOur short answers are very difficult to understand somtimes.

Thanks

Configure the CUCM groups as you want. Thats it. Review your config in ccmadmin and look at your cucm groups, or the help from ccmadmin if you don't understand what the cucm groups are and how they work

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear,

How can i achieve the distributed call processing by spliting phones in different device pools and regions so the subscrber in DR will process calls for DR and their call will be routed through DR Voice Gateway.

Please correct me ??

Thanks

Hi.
As Jaime correctly suggested (+5P J)
you can split the usage of call signaling between your Cucm by creating different CUCM GROUPS changing the priority depending on which cucm you want to use first in which site.
Than you have to create different device pool and place relative phones on those DP.
Regarding the use of local voice gateway, you have different ways to do it.
You can configure route group and route list and than route patterns, associate them to relative partitions and configure CSS that you'll assign to phones.

Alternatively you can use local route groups which basically means use the VG of relative device pool. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fslrg.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello,

Please correct me the below design is acceptable without any isssues or not.

SiteA                                          Site-B

CUCMA-PUB                              CUCMB-PUB

CUCMA-SUB                              CUCMB-SUB

only one ELM in site A which will add CUCMA-PUB and CUCMB-PUB, Unity connection pub and sub on siteA

Only one unity cluster in SITE A that will be integrate with CUCMA and CUCMB

Is the correct way i am going or it is absoulutely mess??? please answer the questions above

I am doing the above only because my WAN link  RTT is not good, sometimes it gives me 50 sometimes it give me 120,150ms, so i am planning to install like above.

Hi.

In this case you are distributig call process between those two sites that essentially is a correct config.

I can only sugest you to use Subscriber as primary callmanager in CUCM Groups and , in case of Unity connection, to place an instance per site bcause , in case of WAN connectivity issue, you have always VoiceMail service available.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Dear Carlo,

I think you didnt noticed,

I have mentioned above 2 different clusters as if for site A one cluster and for site B another cluster then  there will a SIP trunk between the cluster for calling each other, but my conceren is the ELM and UNITY connection.

I am planning to have only 1 ELM that will used for 2 clusters , is the correct design, and also one cluster of Unity connection that will be integrate wth 2 CUCM clusters.

Please reply

Thanks

Dears,

Any confirmation, I have a doubt that the reason i post for experts siggestions.

thanks

Hi.

As I mentioned above, regarding Unity connections and ELM  , having a cluster for each site is preferable because of the possible instability of the WAN connection.

But, an infrastructure as you thought above is anyway a good model

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Dear Carlo,.

Thanks for the reply

If  i keep a cluster for unity connection in each location then i have to buy seperate license for each cluster, and that is not possible for me becz the budget is very low. but i can keep one uniity connection cluster in HO for both CUCM clusters if incase the WAN goes down then CUCMB cluster users will not get unity conenction but they can survive with call manager.

For ELM also as you told to have two cluster but this is also not possible, Can i have only 1 ELM but not a cluster becz of less hardware resources, I will add 2 No's of CUCM clusters in that ELM one for HO and one for DR , so the licenses what i will purshased will be used by from both HO and DR CUCM users.

Please confirm Carlo, Ur help will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi.

Sure you can use one ELM and one Uniti Connection just in main site and share them with other sites.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Thanks Expert for the confirmation,

I have more question on CUCM cluster across the WAN as per Jaime told i will read about it and i will post the question.

Please reply to my question when i will post.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: