cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM: Calls being put on hold then dropped

c.holloway
Level 1
Level 1

The client in question is using CUCM 7.0 and has a 7941 IP phone. We've been seeing some strange intermittant behaviour.

When the call is connected it will sometimes be immediately placed on hold and then drop off the phone. The caller will be left on hold but the call has dropped off the phone so the user can't resume the call.

If the caller then hangs up and calls back the call will (usually) connect normally.

I have not been on-site when this occurs but I can be reasonably certain that its not an issue of user error.

4 Replies 4

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

Try to disable RTCP timer in MGCP using the command “no mgcp timer receive-rtcp”.

Thank you for the reply but the RTCP timer is already disabled

SCOTT JORDAN
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any update on this? Is this still going on? What did you do to solve this?

I never tracked down the cause of this issue. I checked back with the user about a week after the initial posting and it had stopped happening. However, we have had similar issues happening with different users in the same organization so I am still looking into the broader issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: