Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Capacity Resizing

Hi,

Is it possible to resize my Call Manager cluster to get ride of some extra Vitrual Machines(VM) (This is all running on Cisco UCS)

for example (current cluster)

Phones = 10,000

Using 2500 (larger vDisk),

4 GB RAM

1x80 Gb

1 vNic

4 subscribers each with 2,500

2 subscribers for failover (1:2)

and

1 Publisher

1 Standalone TFTP

is it possible to resize the CUCM to elimint some of the CUCM VM's

for example

2 subscriber with 7,500 capacity (Call Processing Agent)

1 publisher

1 Standalone TFTP

(This would save me alot of RAM and when failure occures in 1 of the subscribers 75% phones will be preserved)

Originaly it was 8 serves and now 4 server's

OR

for example

4 subscriber with 2,500 capacity (Call Processing Agent)

and 1 extra subscriber with 7,500 capacity (eliminating 2 subscriber for failover)

1 publisher

1 Standalone TFTP

This would save some RAM on the vitrualization side since I dont need to use 2 vm's as backup instead only 1 vm with a little extra RAM

Originaly it was 8 serves and now 7 server's

My Main question is Can I Resize my CUCM's after they have been fully configured?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can resize CPU and RAM, but not disk space, so if the different OVAs require different disk space allocation you would need to re-install the app.  This is described here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#Resize_Virtual_Machine

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

You cannot have a mega cluster or super cluster if it has not been validated and approved by cisco as there is a separate team that supports them, you cannot just create one and expects us to support it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can resize CPU and RAM, but not disk space, so if the different OVAs require different disk space allocation you would need to re-install the app.  This is described here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#Resize_Virtual_Machine

HTH,

Chris

One more questions regarding Clusters

a.) In cisco srnd is states that a Cluster can have max 20 servers and only 8 running CUCM Service's.

Are they counting the backup servers running CUCM Service with a 1:1 model

for example I have 20,000 Phones and I'm using 2,500 OVA

And I'm running 8 Primary subsribers in different cucm groups with each one idle backup server, does this bleed into aMega-Cluster or is this a regular Cluster

b.) What the real difference between a normal Cluster and Mega Cluster since they both have max call processing servers listed as "8". ?

c.) Is there away to find out if a cluster is a megacluster?

d.) If I use a 2:1 model in  Mega cluster, will there be any technical issue's or/and void cisco support.

Thanks

You cannot have a mega cluster or super cluster if it has not been validated and approved by cisco as there is a separate team that supports them, you cannot just create one and expects us to support it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: