Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM certificates

customer is running CUCM 9.1

I am deploying Jabber for windows and Iphone and when the customer logs into Jabber for windows, they get the untrusted certificate error, and have to click "trust this server" about 3 times just to log in. This happens everytime.

So I realise that I have to  install certificates to get the trust working.  The site has its own Windows cert authority so from some cert guides from cisco I have attempted to understand what is required. this is where I get stuck.

I have gone to CUCM OS gui and generated a csr  which one do I choose? there are so many do I choose tomcat, do I choose CUCM, I have no idea.

I tried CUCM, then went to the windows ca and requested cert. I pasted the csr as requested and got a cert. but when I go to install it on the CUCm, it gives an error.

Am i doing this process wrong? is there a good doc out there that covers each step and why. I have read the Jason Burns one, but that isn't up to date for what I need

4 REPLIES

You need to get the Tomcat &

You need to get the Tomcat & CTI certificates on all your CUCM servers signed by a CA trusted by your clients.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

what is the process for doing

what is the process for doing that? Is there a good guide to follow? I have tried following some, but they do not explain what I need to do or why.

My understanding is...

go to CUCM, generate a csr.

go to CA. get it verified.

download the approved cert.

apply it to CUCM

Is that right?

Silver

Hello pcromwell, You might

Hello pcromwell,

You might want to check the following link with instructions and screenshots:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/30501/cucm-uploading-ccmadmin-web-gui-certificates

Cheers a lo Pura Vida,

DNRP

Keep in mind that you need to

Keep in mind that you need to restart the appropriate services after you upload a certificate.  If you upload a Tomcat certificate, you must go in to the cli of each CUCM server and restart the cisco tomcat service.

Views
Helpful
Replies