cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Compatiblity

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

For branches we are going to keep the existing 2800 series router with SRST 4.0.. We are going to upgrade only cucm to 10.X in HQ.. In this scenario whether srst will function work or not..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't test this so you will need to test/verify this works on your own. They publish what they explicitly tested under the UC Compatibility Tool. Remember that SCCP has an internal versioning mechanism as they make improvements. Both CUCM and IOS/SRST need to understand the SCCP version the phones are running. What you're expecting here is a fairly significant version gap between IOS and the current firmware to not have problems. It may work but if it doesn't, Cisco is going to tell you to upgrade IOS.

Also be aware that SRST 4.0(1) was on IOS 12.4(4)XC. This was part of the 12.4 mainline release which has reached end of life.

My advise is to upgrade the routers to a newer IOS release; I believe that the ISR G1 hardware can at least make it to 15.1(4)T which would be SRST/CME 8.6. Be careful to deal with memory/flash requirements which were increased around the 12.4(20)T timeframe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

can anybody share compatibility matrix link.

Can anybody advice me on this?

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't test this so you will need to test/verify this works on your own. They publish what they explicitly tested under the UC Compatibility Tool. Remember that SCCP has an internal versioning mechanism as they make improvements. Both CUCM and IOS/SRST need to understand the SCCP version the phones are running. What you're expecting here is a fairly significant version gap between IOS and the current firmware to not have problems. It may work but if it doesn't, Cisco is going to tell you to upgrade IOS.

Also be aware that SRST 4.0(1) was on IOS 12.4(4)XC. This was part of the 12.4 mainline release which has reached end of life.

My advise is to upgrade the routers to a newer IOS release; I believe that the ISR G1 hardware can at least make it to 15.1(4)T which would be SRST/CME 8.6. Be careful to deal with memory/flash requirements which were increased around the 12.4(20)T timeframe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: