cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM connecting using Intercluster Trunk

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario where I have a 2 CUCM with only Publisher in each  cluster and connected via IP, where the endpoints are a combination of  the following

cisco 9951

cisco 6921

cisco 6911

Tandberg c60

Tandberg mxp

I  add an intercluster trunk from one cucm cluster to another vice  versa,add route pattern from each cluster pointing to the trunk of the  other cluster.The only test I have done so far is a video call from  cisco 9951 from cluster A to Tandberg c60 from cluster B, at first the  c60 rings but when the auto answer initaite, the call suddenly drops.  I've tested the other way around where the call starts from Tandberg c60  to cisco 9951, the 9951 rings and when I answer the call, it gives me a  fast busy tone as well.

Whant might be causing the  disconnect or fast busy tone whenever the call gets answered? What  troubleshooting can I do to isolate the problem? I'm guessing that there  is no connectivity between the endspoints lan ip address but when I try  to ping from Cluster A's lan to Cluster B's lan and vice versa, it has  no issues at all

I have not yet tried to test the other phones but I'm guessing it has the same issues

1 Reply 1

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This sounds like you have codec issues between the clusters.

Look at how you have set up the intercluster trunk at both ends

Pay attention to the regions & locations

Have you introduced the need for transcoders like G711 to g729.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.