cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Connectivity to Public VoIP networks (e.g. Skype, GoogleTalk, Windows Live etc...)

Peter Cresswell
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to directly connect (e.g. via SIP), a CUCM to any public VoIP networks (e.g. Skype, Google Talk etc). Via CUBE would also be ok.

The requirement we have is for a 3rd party PC on the internet to be able to dial into our phone system over the internet, with encrypted signalling and media. Ideally this would be via a publically available client and network so that we do not have to maintain the client configuration, do provisioning etc.

Skype have a SIP service into their network that is in Beta, but it does not support encryption. I'm aware there is also a few Skype gateway products on the market too. Does anyone have experience of using these?

Another alternative would be a web hosted CUCM client, is anyone aware of a 3rd party product offering this functionality?

Thanks,

Peter

1 Reply 1

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe there is a way to connect Skype to CUBE, however since this would need to be (as far as I know) registered it could not be directly into CUCM.  Obviously you could then connect this to CUCM via H.323 or SIP from the CUBE.

You may wish to contact Skype to discuss their requirements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: