Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Corporate Directory Filter

Hi,

in our deployment we have

- cucm 8.6

- cueac 8.6.1

- LDAP Directory integration (with 2 directories, for instance public_directory and operator_only_directory) via an AD Server

AFAIK the CUEAC can load directory only from CUCM, and CUCM makes all the directories avisible by phones through the "Corporate Directory" Service. 

We need to hide the operator_only_directory from the Corporate Directory browseable by the phones: is it possible? Is it possible to set some parameters from the "Corporate Directory" Service so that the operator_only_directory will be hidden to phones??

Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I'm afraid not. You cannot partition the internal CUCM end user directory.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No, not easily...

One option would be to provision an off-box (i.e. third party or inhouse developed) XML directory for the phones that could be linked directly to the 'public_directory' LDAP instance.

That would leave CUEAC with full visibility based on the two directories synced into CUCM.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I am aware of some thirdy part applications, but I would like to know if it is possible doing it by some kind of configuration...

Hi

I'm afraid not. You cannot partition the internal CUCM end user directory.

Regards

Aaron

ok, thanks

Just to update the case, here's how we've solved:

- unusbscribe all the phones to the corporate directory service, this service will ve available only for CUEAC users

- create a customized personal directory service for a dummy user and dummy password, and subscribe all the phones to this service, "cabling" dummy user and password to the service

- subscribe all the phones to this service

It's just a workaround, but by using the outlook connector for LDAP it works as expected.

Now the problem is: is it possible to unsubscribe some phones to the corporate directory service, or modifying it so that it "points" to the customized one ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: