Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM, CUC and UCCX Migration from 5.1 to 9

Hi,

i have the task of upgrading a customer's solution. They currently have the following:

Customer migrating from CUCM 5.1 to Latest. Customer currently has the following

1.    Qty 2 CUCM 5.1 Servers (MCS 7800)

2.    QTY 2 UCCX 5 Premium Services in HA (MCS 7800)

3.    QTY 1 UNITY 5 Unified Messaging

Total users 200 and contact centre agents = 14

now, this new solution will include new UCS hardware off course. So, my real question is about licensing.

1. Would the CUCM licenses be able to be Migrated to CUCM version 9?

2. Would the Unity Licenses be able to be Migrated to CUC version 9?

3. Would the the UCCS licenses be able to Migrate to version 9?

i have done Migrations for CUCM and CUC from version 6 to 9, but never with versions earlier than 6 and never did a contact center migration either.

some verification and guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Surendra..

• IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

No, if licenses are no longer under support (which is what UCSS provides) then you are not entitled to the upgrade and will need to buy new licenses or work with Cisco/partner on promotional migrations/etc.

HTH,

Chris

9 REPLIES

As long as all licenses are still under support you will be able to upgrade to the new version.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply, can you clarify what you mean by under support?

thanks much.

UCSS is in place for the applications.  UCSS entities you to upgrades.

Chris

oh i see.

i dont think they have UCSS. is there any other way to have the licenses migrated?

thanks.

No, if licenses are no longer under support (which is what UCSS provides) then you are not entitled to the upgrade and will need to buy new licenses or work with Cisco/partner on promotional migrations/etc.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks alot. i will try to work with a Partner on a Promotional Migration.

Surendra

I really doubt you'll get a discount.  We went from 7.3 to 8.6 about 18 months ago, and we were out of support.  They really didnt offer us any discount.  Instead we got decent pricing because we needed so much stuff.  We still spent over a quarter mill for 1000 users with 30 uccx seats.

My one recommendation though if you do do this.  Forget "upgrading".  Build from scratch.  200 users wont take long to move over.

First of all every GOLD partner gets significant discounts which they should extend to you to some extend. As to promotions Cisco runs them all the time on UC to encourage migrations to latest versions, you just need to work with the right partner.

Chris

Hi.

Chris (+5) correctly explained what a customer should do to obtain a migration plan with  a right price.

We recently upgraded a customer from a very old version (4.2 ) to a 9.1 an the discount was excellent for him.

Sure , a Gold partner is able to obtain an higher discount than a Select one.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Views
Helpful
Replies