Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM DLU query...

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

I have a query about CUCM Device unit licenses.

As per CIPT documentation, License maanger at Subscriber contacts License server at Publisher after an event like phone registration etc.

Is the DLUs availability check done by License server only for active (registered or getting registered phones) or for all added phones into CUCM?

For eg, let's assume 1000 DLUs in the server which can server 250 x 7940 series IP Phones. Can I add more than 250  x 7940 series IP phones in CUCM for 2 different regional sites but ensure that only 250 x 7940 series IP phones are active at a time?

Please help with my query.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not sure where you read that...

Basically licenses are enforced by the publisher, and are enforced at configuration-time. As soon as you add a phone, it consumes licenses. As soon as you enable a user for Presence, it consumes as license, etc.

The registration status of the phones or other elements does not affect license usage at all; in effect the subscriber does not care about licenses, just about what is in the database that replicates to it from the publisher.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-Ashok,

License units are used up by configured devices. Whether they are registered or not doesn't matter. License units are also spent for certain features, like mobility (mobile connect/mobile access).

Hth.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not sure where you read that...

Basically licenses are enforced by the publisher, and are enforced at configuration-time. As soon as you add a phone, it consumes licenses. As soon as you enable a user for Presence, it consumes as license, etc.

The registration status of the phones or other elements does not affect license usage at all; in effect the subscriber does not care about licenses, just about what is in the database that replicates to it from the publisher.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Ok, got it. I read in CIPT 1 Cisco press study guide and taken an example of

event of Phone registration.

Thanks a lot.

Regards...

-Ashok.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM, aaronharrison <

With best regards...
Ashok

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-Ashok,

License units are used up by configured devices. Whether they are registered or not doesn't matter. License units are also spent for certain features, like mobility (mobile connect/mobile access).

Hth.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks a lot William.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: