Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM full configuration in text format

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear All,

Can we pull out the CUCM full configuration in text format ?

Actually one of My customer wants CUCM' confiuration in text format to check feasibility to add CUCM to "Device Expert" like switches, router etc.

Below is the overview of Device Expert, FYI:

DeviceExpert is a web–based, multi vendor network change, configuration and compliance management (NCCCM) solution for switches, routers, firewalls and other network devices. Trusted by thousands of network administrators around the world, DeviceExpert helps automate and take total control of the entire life cycle of device configuration management.

Best Regards,

Suresh

3 Replies 3

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You can't pull everything out as one plain text file. You can dump parts of CUCM as individual text files. But you might be better off looking at the CUCM APIs. There's an API called AXL which gives you a SQL interface into CUCM's Database. There's a nice documnet on the CIsco Developer site which documents the hundreds of tables in CUCM. NOTE: This is not an ODBC/JDBC style interface! It's more a "throw a SQL command at CUCM and get the response back as text"

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks a lot Gordon for the prompt response :-)

Can we use Device Expert for CUCM or any simmulator ?

I'm sorry, I don't know. You'll have to ask a Device Expert expert ;-)

From your description (and a 1 second glance at their website), it looks like Device Expert expects something like an IOS command interface where you can configure the device and do something like a "sh run" to get it's configuration. Standard stuff for switches and routers. Not so standard for voice.

NOTE: If you're using CUCM Express, then yes, you can, as CUCME is IOS based, so all its config is there within the IOS "sh run" output. But the full blown CUCM is a very different beast, has a rather large database schema behind it and is usually configured via a web UI.

GTG