cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Installation problem on 7825 5i

Ahmed Awida
Level 1
Level 1

I really need help cause i don't know what is happening.

On 7825 server i power it on ,put the cucm cd ,see the screen of the media check,media check passed and then a loop happens and the server go to check hardware,ask for reboot and after reboot media check again and so on.

I read about RAID is not applicable on this server based on installation guide of cucm 9.1.I can't make RAID 1 (mirroring) on this server.The only option is synchronize which i don't know what it would make.

Also i don't know if this would solve the problem and i could go to the installation steps of cucm after the media check part.

I could install the publisher server ,the server rebooted and about 8 times showing the same steps (loop) and finally showed me the choice page for installation of cucm.

I Installed the publisher server without changing or modifying settings related to RAID,meaning i didn't make any thing except putting the CD.

Please see the attached pics of the raid options,i tried to check on the SUB when it kept looping,but i didn't know what to choose.

I also see this message while server is rebooting :

(IMM lan over usb device is discovered

Lan over usb interface is not working on default ip address.

Pinging 169.254.95.118)

changing network settings,make the server stop working.

Please help !

Thanks in advance.

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ahmed,

please refer this POST.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2223834

Also,suggest to open TAC case and share the resolution.

regds,

aman

Hi,amanson

I can't open tac case now cause i ll be tmrw on client site and have no time.

The post you refered to is saying that 9.1.10000.37 or.15 is fixed.

I am using

BootInst_UNRST_9.1.1.10000-11.iso.

Do you think that is the reason ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ahmed,

Do u have any other media with different 9.X version which can be tried ?

I cannot say that this BUG could be the real cause.

regds,

aman

Thanka Amason for trying to help me,

actually i don't think that i have,but will try to find.

I will update you when i have other image.

Check plz tomorrow this post.

Thank.

Hi Ahmed,

My advise would be to open a case today and share your problem along with the attached snapshots.

Tomorrow when u visit the site , u have something productive to do .At least TAC engr., would share the findings.

regds,

aman

Hi guys,

There is some news from your side about this issue??

I'm upgrading a MCS-7825-I5 from CUCM 8.6.2a to 9.1.2 version and after a successful refresh upgrade, the server stuck after a switch versions, keep reloading with the message:

After that, I receive the Server needs a reboot and keeps reloading...

I'm with a TAC case, any news from my side I'll reporting here.

Kindly regards,

Alexsandro Reimann.

Hi ,

I wish if your problem gets resolved by TAC, please share the solution.

Wud wait.

regds,

aman

Aman,

In my case, appears to be a failure in update the firmware for IBM Integrated Management Module, from version 1.10 to 1.12, this can be a part of the CUCM upgrade process, as normaly the upgrade contains BIOS and other hardware related firmware upgrades.

TAC ask me to run a utility tool to manual upgrade the component, I'm trying it right now.

Best regards,

Alexsandro Reimann.

Hi,Guys.

I resolved this problem.

First i opened this server and removed the cmos jumber and put it one pin aside.Then put it back to the original position.

This deletes all the settings on the server (factory reset).Then put the cd back and left it reboot as many times as it wants and finally it shows you the installation screen without rebooting.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ahmed,

thanks for updating.

Can u share the Jumper Number and how the jumper option striked you ?

I am just writing the steps ,please confirm:

a. you switched off the server.

b. removed the Jumper

c. Powered ON the server.

d. Again , u switched OFF the server and inserted CD and powered ON the server.The installation started.

regds,

aman

1-switched of the server

2-Removed battery and also the hard drives.

3-You will find a word CMOS and  3 pins,on the first 2,  the jumber is inserted and third is free.Just move the jumber so that the jumber would be inserted on the 2nd and 3rd pins.

4-Put it back after some seconds to the orginal position.10 sec for example,and put the battery and hard drives back.

5-Power on the server and insert the cd.

The system will enter bios and inform you that all the setting has returned to default.

6-Exit and let the sysetm continues.

7-Let the system reboot as many times as it asks for.

In the end the system will show you the choose product page and installation works fine after.

I don't remember exactly the number of pins.If you found four then remove the jumber to be placed on the 3rd and 4th pins.And then after seconds to the original position on the 1st and second.

Regards,

Ahmed.

Hi Ahmed,

thanks .

regds,

aman