Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM: Interconnecting two overlapping IP networks

dfokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

Currently we need to establish a VoIP link between our CUCM and CUCM of one of our partners. We plan to use

an intercluster trunk, but there is one problem: our IP addressing overlaps with IP addressing of our partner, so there is a problem with RTP traffic.

Is is possible to establish IP connectivity between two clusters without change of IP addressing?

TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I think if you configured each CUCM with a 28xx or 29xx SIP gateway and configure dial peers on these gateways, then this should probably achieve the same thing.

I haven't actually tested this, however generally when you configure CUCM to connect via a CUBE router over SIP, the CUBE router terminates the RTP streams unless you explicity tell it not to.

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

If you configure your ICT with Media Termination Point (MTP) required, then your IP address overlap shouldn't matter as CUCM will terminate the RTP.

HTH. Barry

Hi, Barry and thank you for reply.

As far as I know, this solution will envolve additional CPU resources on call processing nodes, and it must be avoided in situations with high call rate. May I accomplish this task using external HW, a 28xx router, for example?

Hi

I think if you configured each CUCM with a 28xx or 29xx SIP gateway and configure dial peers on these gateways, then this should probably achieve the same thing.

I haven't actually tested this, however generally when you configure CUCM to connect via a CUBE router over SIP, the CUBE router terminates the RTP streams unless you explicity tell it not to.

HTH. Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: