Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM + IPCC + Unity + Presence

Hi there !

Condiser that I have a CUCM+IPCC in the main office and a SRST router in a branch.

1) What would be the best place for each of this products, considering that I might have a link down: CUCM, Unity, IPCC and Presence.

Should I install any product in the branch ? Should I have the same products in both offices ?

2) Is it possible that Unity Express and Auto Attandant become "online" only when the link goes down ? Would this be an option ?

3)If I install IPCC in the branch, would it register in the SRST router ? CTI port and CTI route point..

Thanks.

Andrei.

2 Replies 2

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

CUCM and Unity is best centralized. Even if the WAN link goes down you can make your voicemail button dial into unity over the PSTN. The Presence server needs to be located next to the publisher, so should also be centralized.

As far as IPCCX you either choose to integrate it to CUCM OR to CME (could be CME / SRST). Generally I would say unless ALL of the agents are at that one particular site, to centralize it. The reason being is if its down you can alwawys configure CME/SRST and do some inbound hunt groups to suffice if the WAN is down. Rememeber SRST is going to be a very rare scenario, and things like email and such will be down because of this. Also you could always do some trickery in UCCX centralized in order to transfer over the PSTN in the case of a failure.

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Chad

All of this really make sense to me..

I'm in this way.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Andrei.