Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM - LDAP Integration (2 different AD)

Hello,

Company A just bought Company B and both of them have a CUCM integrated with their own AD.

In order to "simplify" the administration, Company A wants users of Company B to be registered on CUCM A so there is only 1 CUCM for all of the users.

CUCM A has full AD integration with AD-A. It seems we could add AD-B so users from that directory are imported to CUCM A.

Questions:
1. Integrating AD-B on CUCM-A would allow those users to authenticate? It seems I can only have 1 authentication for the entire cluster and it is configured with AD-A.

2. Is there any way I can specify users from former CUCM-B to just see users from AD-B on their phone directories? Even if it is the same company now, customer wants to keep users separated for now.

I really appreciate any suggestions and comments.

Regards,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

You would need ADAM/LDS

How to Configure Unified Communications Manager Directory Integration in a Multi-Forest Environment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080b2b103.shtml

No, once you sync both domains, all the users will show up in the built-in corporate directory, you would need to write down your custom directory scripts and have it look at each LDAP server independently.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You would need ADAM/LDS

How to Configure Unified Communications Manager Directory Integration in a Multi-Forest Environment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080b2b103.shtml

No, once you sync both domains, all the users will show up in the built-in corporate directory, you would need to write down your custom directory scripts and have it look at each LDAP server independently.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks a lot Java.

ADAM/LDS would be a Microsoft service right? It would integrate different LDAPs together so applications such as CUCM points to this LDS?

I really appreciate your help as always!!

Cisco Employee

Yes, ADAM/LDS is all MS, it will aggregate info from different domains/forests via trust relationships and have all of them accessible via a single point

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content