cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM @ NEC PHONE

iboboewfs
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any chance that we can integrate NEC phone with Cisco unified commuinication manager ?

or is there a way to install a gateway to talk to Cisco UCME and make the NEC phones works.

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the NEC phone is a SIP phone you can try to register it as 3rd party SIP phone.

You can always integrate PBX to CUCM via IP or TDM trunk, i.e. SIP or H323 Trunk or QSIG-PRI, PRI, T1/E1, etc.

HTH,

Chris

thanks You Chris for your prompt response.

does that means I can deploy the NEC phone directly on my Call manager as a SIP phone and specify the load firmware or I also have the option to integrate the PABX to the CUCM.

I do have a CUCM 7.1.XXX is there any specification or requirement ( version) for the  NEC PABX to talk with the CUCM through the Gateway ?

Sure, if the phones are SIP you can try, though they may not necessarily work.

For the integration I would start with looking to see if SIP or H323 trunk is an option on your NEC side, if so that should be your preference as that will not require any additional equipment on Cisco side (cannot speak for NEC).  If that is not an option then PRI (ideally QSIG) integration is always an option, that would require PRI port on Cisco Voice GW and PRI port on NEC side with a cross-over PRI cable connecting the 2.

Here is an example config guide for CUCM to NEC integration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/614999nt.pdf

HTH,

Chris

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If they run SIP, you can try them as a SIP 3rd paty endpoint, if not and they run a proprietary NEC protocol, you'll need something in the middle that speaks SIP/H323 to create a trunk to CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks all for your prompt answers.

I will look into it and update the discussion.

Sincerly.

Did you ever end up doing the NEC phone sip line side to CallManager as a 3rd Party SIP device?  Which model NEC phone did you have?

I know this is an old post but I would love to know as well. I have a NEC SV8300 that I would like to use the DT310/710 6 and 12 line phones for my CUCM since they are SIP. I've tried converting to the phones to SIP but I could never get the phone to connect as a 3rd party device.

Hi All,

I am working on  CUCM  11.0 edition  .How to connect NEC-DT710 model's IP.(STD SIP )Version phones   to CUCM.

I try to configure as Third party Sip PHONE. In CUCM i Can see phone is registered .But physical  error in phone as SIP SERVER not Found . any additional programming should be done from CUCM ?????.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: