cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Phone issues when inbound call comes in second call makes first call turn on speaker

shiblyibrahim
Level 3
Level 3

Hey,

I hope someone can shed some light as I have never seen this issue.

CUCM 9.1

Phones 8945

Problem:

1. Receive call from caller 1
  2. They receive a second call from caller 2
  3. When caller 2 arrives, caller 1 goes on speaker automatically and caller 2 ring tone is very loud

Has anyone seen this issue

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I'll just add this note to the good tips from Suresh (+5 smiley)

It may be this bug;

8945 calling party goes onto speaker w/2nd call
CSCty67705

Symptom:
8945 when receiving second call, first callers voice goes to speaker but no speaker button lit

Conditions:
When 'Ring setting (phone active)' configuration on the line config is set to 'Use System Default' and Service parameter 'Ring Setting of Busy Station' is configured for "RING"

Phone A (any phone) calls Phone B (8945) Line 1 -> Phone B answers with handset -> Phone C (any phone) calls Phone B Line 1 -> with no user interaction original caller (phone A) heard Phone B speaker. No speaker button lit.

Workaround:
change Service parameter 'Ring Setting of Busy Station' is configured for "Flash" or "Beep"

Or upgrade as Suresh suggested;

Known Affected Releases:
(1)
9.2(3)
Known Fixed Releases:
(1)
9.3(1)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what is firmware of the phone ?

Suresh

Thanks Suresh,

SCCP894x.9-2-3-5

I did search for the bug but didnt find specific to this firmware. Can you are try upgrading phone' firmware on CUCM.

Suresh

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I'll just add this note to the good tips from Suresh (+5 smiley)

It may be this bug;

8945 calling party goes onto speaker w/2nd call
CSCty67705

Symptom:
8945 when receiving second call, first callers voice goes to speaker but no speaker button lit

Conditions:
When 'Ring setting (phone active)' configuration on the line config is set to 'Use System Default' and Service parameter 'Ring Setting of Busy Station' is configured for "RING"

Phone A (any phone) calls Phone B (8945) Line 1 -> Phone B answers with handset -> Phone C (any phone) calls Phone B Line 1 -> with no user interaction original caller (phone A) heard Phone B speaker. No speaker button lit.

Workaround:
change Service parameter 'Ring Setting of Busy Station' is configured for "Flash" or "Beep"

Or upgrade as Suresh suggested;

Known Affected Releases:
(1)
9.2(3)
Known Fixed Releases:
(1)
9.3(1)

Cheers!

Rob

shiblyibrahim
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks both of you appreciate it a lot. I am not sure if this issue below could be related to 

Scenario 1 ( FAIL) Incoming call:

1. Receive an incoming call from caller 1 (external – mobile)
  2. I could have a conversation with caller 1
  3. I receive an incoming call from caller 2 (internal)
  4. Second call rings and I cannot hear caller 1 and they cannot also hear me too
  5. I put caller 1 on hold and they can hear the on hold music
  6. Answer caller 2 but cannot hear them or they cannot hear me
    1. If I do not answer caller 2 and it rings through to voicemail I cannot still hear caller 1
    2. If I answer caller 2 and end call as I cannot hear them and go back to caller 1 I still cannot hear them
  7. This will mean I have to end both calls and return the call back as long I don’t receive a second call
  9. If I put the caller 1 or 2 on loud speaker I can hear them
  10. I take them off loud speaker I can hear them on my handset again
  11. Everything is working only if I turn on loud speaker and turn it off again and handset works

Scenario 2 ( FAIL) Incoming call:

1. Receive an incoming call from caller 1 (internal)
  2. I could have a conversation with caller 1
  3. I receive an incoming call from caller 2 (external - mobile)
  4. Second call rings and I cannot hear caller 1 and they cannot also hear me too
  5. I put caller 1 on hold and they can hear the on hold music
  6. Answer caller 2 but cannot hear them or they cannot hear me
    1. If I do not answer caller 2 and it rings through to voicemail I cannot still hear caller 1
    2. If I answer caller 2 and end call as I cannot hear them and go back to caller 1 I still cannot hear them
  7. This will mean I have end both calls and return the call back as long I don’t receive a second call
  9. If I put the caller 1 or 2 on loud speaker I can hear them
  10. I take them off loud speaker I can hear them on my handset again
  11. Everything is working only if I turn on loud speaker and turn it off again and handset works
  12. This workaround also works for step 4 above, if I don’t answer caller 2 and continue the call with caller 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: