Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Pub crashed

MuhammadSaad_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have CUCM 8.6 PUB and SUB. My PUB b/c of some power issues crashed now all the voice network working through SUB.

kindly explain how i will install PUB again and rebuild the databse or it will replicate with SUB.

Kindly help!!!!

Thank You

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have backups taking from your publisher...?? Your best bet might be to install your publisher and then restore the database from the backup. Ensure you restore using the same parameters..IP, host name, security passwords etc..

Once this is done, ensure the database replication is okay between the sub and the pub.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Saad,

In aadition to what Mr. Aok has suggested, in case u do not have backups , u can restore the Publisher from Susbscriber DB.

New Feature for Restoring the Database of a Publisher Node

When using the Disaster Recovery System to restore the publisher node of a Cisco Unified

Communications Manager cluster, you can restore the publisher database using the database from one

of the subscriber nodes.

If the backup file that you select for the restore process includes a CCMDB database component, a

drop-down list box appears in the Restore wizard that allows you to choose the node from which to

restore database data. When you use this option, Cisco Unified Communications Manager restores the

publisher database from the database of the chosen subscriber node, and restores all nondatabase

components from the backup file that was selected during the restore process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_2/delta/delta862.html

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Do you know if this applies to CM 8.0 as well.  I need to rebuild and restore CM publisher and my backup may not be current, pending verification from the SFTP server.

Thanks!

Hi,

As per the following this is possible starting from cucm version 8.5.1 only

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCts28784/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Symptom:

It is now possible to restore a Cisco Unified Communications Manager publisher database from a subscriber backup.

Conditions:

This is possible starting in CUCM 8.5(1).

Workaround:

This is a defect against the documentation to include mention of this new feature in the Release Notes.

HTH

Manish