Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM PUB/SUB License Unified CM 7.0 7816 Appliance

We have PUB/SUB server 7816, we have

L-CM7.0-7816= License Unified CM 7.0 7816 Appliance - 500 two number sheet &

L-CM-DL-10= Unified CM Device License - 1000 number.

Question is to get register appliance & Unified CM Device License should I use only PUBLISHER mac address for both registration.

Could please some one light me about

Unified CM 7.0 7816 Appliance lic registration process for PUB/SUB.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You only use the MAC of the licensing server, if the PUB is going to be that server, then use that one for all licenses you want for the cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Hi Bala,

You are most correct! All CUCM Licenses should reference the Publisher MAC. The License should reflect 2 Nodes, 1 for Pub and 1 for Sub. The Subscriber MAC should not be used here.

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our CUCM 7.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the license to be re-homed to our Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly. We mistakenly tied the license to our Subscriber MAC CCCDDDAAABBB

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

bala@mart.ca

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You only use the MAC of the licensing server, if the PUB is going to be that server, then use that one for all licenses you want for the cluster.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for light me, from your reply I understand that License Unified CM 7.0 7816 Appliance or Unified CM Device License, for both we should use PUBLISHER macaddress for lic file registration.

Could you please correct me if my understading is wrong .

Hi Bala,

You are most correct! All CUCM Licenses should reference the Publisher MAC. The License should reflect 2 Nodes, 1 for Pub and 1 for Sub. The Subscriber MAC should not be used here.

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our CUCM 7.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the license to be re-homed to our Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly. We mistakenly tied the license to our Subscriber MAC CCCDDDAAABBB

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

bala@mart.ca

Hope this helps!

Rob