cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM publisher integrated with CUC, goes down what'll happen ?

ArchitBahuguna
Level 1
Level 1

If I have a CUCM publisher and it's integrated with unity connection (using either SCCP or SIP), what'll happen if the PUB goes down, will I be able to

access my voicemails?

What if there is a PUB and SUB, and CUC(Active/Standby) is integrated with the PUB, what'll happen if PUB goes down in this case , would I be able to access my voicemails, if so how and what if try to access my vm's using the voice mail pilot no.??

Please explain or refer any doc.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Archit,

a. in case if Pub goes down, user won't be able to access voice mails.

b. if CUCM PUB goes down in a cluster, then, user can access voice mails since CUCM SUB is available.

c. Since Unity Connection is installed in ACTIVE/ACTIVE mode,  then, failure of one UCXN server won't affect users to access VM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg060.html

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Archit,

a. in case if Pub goes down, user won't be able to access voice mails.

b. if CUCM PUB goes down in a cluster, then, user can access voice mails since CUCM SUB is available.

c. Since Unity Connection is installed in ACTIVE/ACTIVE mode,  then, failure of one UCXN server won't affect users to access VM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg060.html

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman

Users would be able to access voicemail just fine when either UCXN or CUCM Pub is down as long as you have your systems configured properly.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: