cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM route pattern, replicate behaviour in CME.

muhammadsuhaib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been using CUCM 6.0.1 for quite sometime and feel easy on the complete gui management and configuration. I have just started on CME.

The problem that I am facing is that when in CUCM it was easy to create the specific route pattern for the outgoing calls and pointing it to the gateway or the route list (Attached is my current route pattern screenshot) and on the dial-peer pots create a normal destination pattern 9T where it stripped the 9 and sent the calls to the PSTN but I am unable to find something that could replicate the same type of behaviour for the outgoing calls where the user presses 9, get the secondary tone and then dial the PSTN number. What I could find is that to create a destination-patten for each type of route pattern and then associate it one by one with the voice-port.

Also attached is the cme route config. This is the basic config I did. (I am using the generic PBX type). If the call pickup config could be checked also. In CUCM i just made a group with a number and enabled the extension to use the group so the users could pick up the phone and press the pickup softkey to get the call.

Thanks in advance for the support.

~Suhaib

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What the practical problem actually is ?

Also in many countries you do not need to use an access digits for external calls, that isv ery apprecaited by users.

Hello p.bevilacqua,

Apologies for not replying earlier. I understand I may have been a little garbled up in what I wanted to ask. I will try to clarify it with this scenario. Hope this will help you understand what I wanted.

As you can see from the route-pattern screenshot from CUCM 6.0.1 that I don't use the standard NANP as it doesn't cater to my dialing preference in Pakistan. I have tailor made the route patterns in CUCM for outbound calls. The default setting are applied and the matching call are forwarded to the gateway. All the outbound PSTN calls need to dial 9 before dialing the PSTN number. When the user presses the digit 9, they hear the secondary dialtone in their IP Phones and on matching the route-pattern, it is forwarded to the gateway.

On the gateway, as you can see the router startup-config posted above, I have used the destination-pattern 9T, where the calls are forwarded to FXO ports, stripping the first digit 9 and the user connects to the desired PSTN destination.

That was my above CUCM 6.0.1 scenario.

Now I want to replicate the same behaviour in CME. but since I haven't worked on CME that much, I am having difficulty replicating the same behaviour. From what I have read, I have to make individual dial-peers with destination-pattern for each corresponding RP for each FXO port. for example,

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 9[0]..[1][1][1]......

forward-digits 12
port 2/1/1

where it forwards the last 12 digits leaving the 9.

Is this destination-pattern correct? If so then will I get the secondary dialtone after pressing 9 like in CUCM? If not then what is the proper command line for outbound PSTN calls where I get the secondary dialtone after pressing 9 and then the dialed number is matched with certain list like the RP in CUCM 6.0.1 and then forwarded to the FXO after stripping the 9.

If the above example is correct in my needed scenario then, do I have to create individual POTS with DP for every entry corresponding to the RP in CUCM RP list for every FXO port like for example 19 POTS entried with DP's for voice-port 1/1/0 then again 19 POTS entries with DP's for voice-port 1/1/1 and so on or can a list be created and called up in the DP's?

Hope I was clear enough for you. Looking for your kind response.

~Suhaib.

EDIT: ~bump~

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: