cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM S/W levels - what do they mean

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a CUCM which is 6.0.1.2000-3 and wish to upgrade to a later vrison on the upgrade matric I see 6.0.(1a) or 6.0.(1b)or even just 6.0.(1) but not an exact match for mine - I wish to upgrade either to 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 can someone tell me what 6.0.1.2000-3 is - do I need to go 6.1(1) first and then 6.1(2) or straight to 6.1(2)

many thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

6.0.1.2000-4 is 6.0(1a)

Table 4 Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades for Release 6.x and Release 7.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp40122

you can go to 6.1(2) directly but no to 6.1(3), all info on above link

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

feature license on 6.X train (if you already have it is no longer required) but you'll need one for any major upgrades

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

6.0.1.2000-4 is 6.0(1a)

Table 4 Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades for Release 6.x and Release 7.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp40122

you can go to 6.1(2) directly but no to 6.1(3), all info on above link

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java

Thanks another question if you are already on 6.x can you just upgrade without software feature license? On the readme file it mentions that you need a S/W feture license for the handsets to register but then in the admin guide which the readme file points you to, only mentions the license if you are not on an existing 6.x S/W

feature license on 6.X train (if you already have it is no longer required) but you'll need one for any major upgrades

HTH

java

HTH

java

Is there any major issue with 6.1.2, 6.1.3 I`ve seen one regardign 6.1.2 and EM and adding additional DN`s on the profile

i can't recall any specifics of issues with 6.1(2) but we always recommend going to the latest available release

HTH

java

HTH

java