Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Route Pattern Discussion

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To any system to which you can route SIP calls, audio and/or video, like a VCS.

Or if you have another PBX which register endpoints with URIs and accepts SIP trunks, you could also use it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Help -> For this page

IPv4 Pattern

(Required) Enter the domain, sub-domain, IPv4 address, or IP subnetwork address.

For Domain Routing pattern usage, enter a domain name IPv4 Pattern field that can resolve to an IPv4 address. The domain name can contain the following characters: [, -, ., 0-9, A-Z, a-z, *, and ].

For IP Address Routing pattern usage, enter an IPv4 address the IPv4 Pattern field that follows the format X.X.X.X, where X represents a number between 0 and 255.

For the IP subnetwork address, in Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) notation, X.X.X.X/Y; where Y is the network prefix that denotes the number of bits in the address that will be the network address.

Tip   

If the SIP trunk supports IPv6 or both IPv4 and IPv6 (dual-stack mode), configure the IPv6 Pattern in addition to the IPv4 pattern.

HTH

java

Could you please highlight the answer?

I have read some Cisco documentation and CUCM help before posting my question, and i did not find a way to create a SIP route pattern that could match any IP address.

For IP Address Routing pattern usage, enter an IPv4 address the IPv4 Pattern field that follows the format X.X.X.X, where X represents a number between 0 and 255.

HTH

java

Thank you and +5

but I did not find the solution, to make my question more clear, I have a customer they used CUCM only for video conference endpoints, no any IP phone. They want to call by IP address so I want to create only one route pattern to accept all IP addresses, so how I should create this route pattern. This route pattern should accept any real IP address

You cannot create one pattern for all IPs, the field only accepts from 0 to 255, meaning, it HAS to be a perfectly defined IP. If you could do that, if would mention what to use for wildcards, don't you think???

HTH

java

When I read in the documentation I said it is not possible to implement but I asked to see if there is any work around solution 

By the way, where I can use SIP route pattern other than video conference

To any system to which you can route SIP calls, audio and/or video, like a VCS.

Or if you have another PBX which register endpoints with URIs and accepts SIP trunks, you could also use it.

HTH

java

Thanks

Jaime, does Cisco have plans to enable wildcards in this field? 

Roadmap questions have to be addressed by your AM, or posted in partner communities, this cannot be discussed at CSC.

HTH

java

Gotcha.  Thanks.

CUCM won't allow you to do a summarized 0.0.0.0/0 Route Pattern.

But you can accomplish this in two SIP Route Patterns:

1.0.0.0/1 (this will cover 0.0.0.0 - 127.255.255.255)
and
128.0.0.0/1 (this will cover 128.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255)

-Tony

Please remember to rate useful posts.

This is what I call an answer. Thank you man.

Saved my bacon, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: