Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Trunk with authorization

Yankovskyi
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!

We have next task. We need config SIP trunk between CUCM 7.1 and third-party system (freeswitch).

There is a caveat. Freeswitch can only use SIP trunk with authorization. Freeswitch have to register on CUCM.

We have made in CUCM SIP trunk with correct SIP Trunk Security Profile for authorization and created Application User.

But freeswitch can not registered. There is 405 error "SIP trunk disallow REGISTER".

Maybe someone faced with a similar problem?

In what could be the reason?

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

According to the documentation yes. You need to  configure digest authentication for this I believe

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have a look at this guide on how to configure digest authentication on sip trunk..See if it helps

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/7_0_1/secugd/secrealm.html

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for you response.

If I understand correctly, I need config SIP Realm, when I want register freeswitch on CUCM?

According to the documentation yes. You need to  configure digest authentication for this I believe

Yes, we have configured as written in guide. But we get this message in freeswitch:

SIP/2.0 405 Method Not Allowed
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:12:11 GMT
Warning: 399 ipcc-cucm1 "SIP trunk disallows REGISTER"
Allow: INVITE, OPTIONS, INFO, BYE, CANCEL, ACK, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY
From: <sip:ipccadmin1@ipcc-cucm1.ipcc.local>;tag=pt6UvrBBBm8jF
Content-Length: 0
To: <sip:ipccadmin1@ipcc-cucm1.ipcc.local>;tag=693152206
Call-ID: 8321235c-ec52-11e1-bc77-c39f21244e94
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 172.18.96.204:5080;rport;branch=z9hG4bKp05D286347vNg
CSeq: 32482702 REGISTER

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue>

MD