Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM TFTP cleanup

Is it possible / recommended to delete old firmware files located on the CUCM TFTP servers ?

For example I've all the 8941_8945 firmwares including engineering special ones, not used anymore.

TFTP.tar files are 2.3 Go in size, with 3 TFTP and 14 retention days it takes some disk space...

Thanks,

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jean,

YES, You can do it from GUI of OS Administration under TFTP file management.You need to find Filename with contains  like 8941 [in your case]  ,select and delete.

Be cautious while selecting the files since it would give all files containing 8941 or 8945.

Secondly, you need to delete the files from all servers in a cluster where it is uploaded.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jean,

From CLI, you  can use the command

a. file list tftp filename : first to check the correct filename

b. file delete tftp filename: to delete the filename

Make sure that you cannot recover the deleted file except through DRS tool

regds,

aman

Aman,

Can I use the web interface under TFTP file management in OS Administration ?

And due to the fact that when we install a firmware it's uploaded in this order on :

1. Publisher (no TFTP, no Call Manager)

2. Subcribers with TFTP (3 subs dedicated for TFTP in my case)

3. Subscribers with Call Manager

I suppose I must remove the files on all the servers, not on the TFTP only ?

JC

Hi Jean,

YES, You can do it from GUI of OS Administration under TFTP file management.You need to find Filename with contains  like 8941 [in your case]  ,select and delete.

Be cautious while selecting the files since it would give all files containing 8941 or 8945.

Secondly, you need to delete the files from all servers in a cluster where it is uploaded.

regds,

aman

Great. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: