Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUCM TFTP

I have cluster where I have 1 Pub and 2 Sub and 2 CUCM configured only for tftp server  , I dont have DNS in my setup and no plan to have so , now the IP phone download the .cnf.xml file from the TFTP server and registration rejected with the Sub , it gives " Registration rejected , security error " in the phone status messages I found the DHS time out ,

Now : when I configure my leptop to provide DNS to the phone , the phone will register and work fine

Also I edited the .cnf.xml file and replaced the CM name with IP address , but again when the phone download the file , the CM will be name not IP address .

now Is there a way to make the TFTP send the .cnf.xml file using CM IP not name to avoid using the DNS .

Thanks for help

HH

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CUCM TFTP

Change under System > Server on the CCMAdmin page, the server name to an IP address, making sure to enter the correct IP address.  This will cause the phone to connect to call manager via IP address instead of hostname.

CUCM TFTP

I did and then I had a Data base replication issue , Is ther any procedure where I can do this without having DB replication problem in the cluster ?

CUCM TFTP

you need a cluster reset after changing it

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content