Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Time of Day Routing - Exchange Auto Attendant

Robert Stack
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Noob here. I am looking to setup CUCM with Exchange 2013 UM to forward external calls from the Auto Attendant for certain extensions back to Exchange to leave a voice message, only at certain times of the day. For example if a external caller chooses Bobby Smith from the auto attendant at 9am, it will go to his voice mail but if it is 3pm, it rings the phone.

Can someone explain to me how this can be done in CUCM to create a time of day routing for external calls from the UM Auto Attendant to point them back to UM to a voice mail? We are currently on CUCM 7.1 but will be migrating to 9 soon.

Thanks,

Robb

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should look for this on Exchange side, check if there is a concept of schedules there similar to Cisco Unity Connection, to do this on CUCM would be very inefficient and convoluted.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

You should just be able to do this by changing the schedule on the subscribers in Unity. And having separate transfer rules for Standard and Closed schedules.  Just have closed transfer rule send straight to Greeting instead.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

He does not have unity, he said he has exchange UM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for the responses Chris and Brian. I will jump over to TechNet and see if anyone over there has any ideas. The documentation I have found so far on Exchange UM hasn't been very informational on setting it up. I am guessing that is either because it is limited in scope of what it can perform in comparison to Unity, or I have yet to find thorough configurations.

Cheers!

Robb

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: