Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to Asterisk

walidazab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have CUCM 8.6 and wish to make some calls using Asterisk connected to an analog gateway.

I already know that we will need to setup a SIP trunk between CUCM and Asterisk. When this is done what I need to do is allow IP Phones registered with CUCM to be able to make some toll free calls using a certain pattern to be routed through this trunk out to the analog line.

What is the configuration needed to accomplish this? Also what will be the maximum number of simultaneous calls that can be done using this scenario?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create the trunk and then assign it to a RG/RL, then associate to the RP.

Use CSS and partitions to define who can call via that RP.

CUCM won't limit the number of calls unles you configure CAC, that's up to you and how many the other end can handle.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create the trunk and then assign it to a RG/RL, then associate to the RP.

Use CSS and partitions to define who can call via that RP.

CUCM won't limit the number of calls unles you configure CAC, that's up to you and how many the other end can handle.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks Jamie. I will try it and post the results.

Is using an AS5400 a better alternative to to Asterisk to achieve the original requirements I first posted? Or it should be used WITH Asterisk.

If yes, what would be the recommended configuration in this case?

-WA

The AS5400 is no longer sold, If it is a cisco IP-IP gateway you are after, just to interface between yourITSP and CUCM, CUBE is your thing. Having said that, Asterisk is a lot cheaper.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I already have an AS5400. I can create a SIP trunk between CUCM and the AS, and get the calls out an E1, right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: