Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM-TRUNK-CUP

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

Please find the attached screenshot for SRV records and SRV destination address.

I have created a SRV records in windows DNS according to the screenshot, but i am confused what i should enter in SIP TRUNK SRV destination address.

15 Replies 15

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The host offering the service is the CUP server FQDN, just as you have it there

Please rate all useful posts

Dear

I didnt understood ?? what are you trying to explain.

I have just shown in attachment 1 server configuration but actually i have 2 CUP servers so what will be the destination SRV in the trunk configuration.

You need to create two SRV records. Point them to your two CUP servers. You can assign priority and weights to them to choose a preferred one or you can make the weights and priority the same for calls to be load balanced to both servers offering the service

Dear,

please find the attached and guide me what i shld enter.

my CUP hostname are

cup-pub.mjec.com

cup-sub.mjec.com

I have already created srv records as per windows new resources record  screenshot which i have attached in first reply, but i have attached another screenshot of destination SRV in which i am confused what i shld enter.

Deleted

Dear,

Can you put some shade on the below link whcih is discussing abt DNS SRV.

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/using-srv-records-for-redundancy-and.html

Yes you can and should use SRV actually. Ignore my previous post..You need to use the SRV cluster name in the destination field..ie (mjec.com)

You also need to configure DNS reverse lookup rules for both of your CUP servers

Hello,

mjec.com is my domain name, how it will reach to my specific cup servers only.

Can you elaborate more on the request and replies from the cucm and cup??

Thanks.

Dear Experts,

Anybody can put some shade on the topic above

Dear,

Well i can see the reply which i shows the cup server name,but the link which i provided to you is little confusing for the SRV destination field in SIP Trunk, as an expert can you elaborate more, also i found the below link in which chris is mentioning the same

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11984021/cup-sip-trunk

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/using-srv-records-for-redundancy-and.html

Thanks

Thanks

I dont see any confusion. the destination address needs to be your domain. In that domain ensure you have SRV service configured. I dont what else to explain

Dear

Please find the attached

I have configured according to your suggestion but no success,

In my previous post i was asking the destination SRV records of the links  what they have entered is different than the domain name, so i was asking you if you can elaborate more on the links.

Thanks

Dear

I think I need to open ports, can you elaborate more the ports that need to be open from the CUCM and from CUP perspective for this communication.

Thanks

Dears,

Any hints for the query.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: