cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM & Unity - both 8.6 - to 9.1.2 - Refresh upgrade file ? & Reload Sequence

PC PC
Level 1
Level 1
Hi guys, I have two questions.. I have to update CUCM 8.6.2 (Cluster of 2 ) to 9.1.2 And Unity 8.6.2 ( cluster of 2 ) to 9.1.2 First question, Do I need the refresh upgrade file For CUCM 8.6.2 before upgrade ? Do I need the refresh upgrade file For Unity 8.6.2 before upgrade ? Second question, From what I know For CUCM I Update PUB First, then Reboot PUB... once done I Update CUCM SUB and Reboot SUB. For Unity, I think I have to update Unity PUB ( no reboot) then Update Unity SUB ( once both update, I reboot PUB, and when it is UP I reboot Unity SUb ) is that right ? thanks,
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not ned refresh cop file if you are already on version 8.6.

You are correct on the upgrade process for CUCM vs. UCNX.

Chris

View solution in original post

Here is the process for migrating licenses:

Upgrade your apps to version 9, you will run in 60 day demo mode

Install ELM and add UCXN and CUCM instances to it

Go through license migration process in ELM

2 files will be generated for license migration one for CUCM and one for UCXN

Send these to licensing@cisco.com

Cisco will issue new licenses for version 9 based on what was configured and what you are entities to based on UCSS

My experience is that they don't spend too much comparing to what you are actually entitled to so you may want to need to work with them on manually adjusting anything, i.e. convert Enhanced/Enhnaced Plus to CUWL, etc.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not ned refresh cop file if you are already on version 8.6.

You are correct on the upgrade process for CUCM vs. UCNX.

Chris

Let us know if you expected something else as I see you only rated the answer as 3, I'll be happy to elaborate on the answers.

Chris

I have Issue with My browser.. I am sorry !...

But.. I can still ask another one :)

For the licences upgrade, My customer will ask Cisco for the Software Upgrade license for Unity and CUCM. We know about the PUT online tool for that..

But for the voice mail license and DLU on CUCM that will goes to ELM.

I understand there is some procedure for Unity to do the Cobra export but is it possible instead of open a TAC with screenshots of old CUCM and Unity to ask new Lic ?

Here is the process for migrating licenses:

Upgrade your apps to version 9, you will run in 60 day demo mode

Install ELM and add UCXN and CUCM instances to it

Go through license migration process in ELM

2 files will be generated for license migration one for CUCM and one for UCXN

Send these to licensing@cisco.com

Cisco will issue new licenses for version 9 based on what was configured and what you are entities to based on UCSS

My experience is that they don't spend too much comparing to what you are actually entitled to so you may want to need to work with them on manually adjusting anything, i.e. convert Enhanced/Enhnaced Plus to CUWL, etc.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: