Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM UPGRADATION 8.6 to 10.0

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am plan to upgrade the call manager from the version 8.6 to 10.0.,while upgradating from 8.6 can i directly upgradte to 10.0? should i need to order any Migration Licenses?

15 Replies 15

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Advice me on this upgradation steps

You can refer below upgrade guide, it will help you to plan perfectly.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100.html

You need to request the license via Product Upgrade Tool, you need to get converted DLUs to UCL/CUWL from Cisco as per your requirement, license structure has changed in 9.x and later.

CUCM 10.0 and beyond is only supported in a virtualized deployment so you need to take care of it.

Suresh

Dear Suresh,

Thanks for your information,

Its already in a Virtual deployement,we dont have the subscription for ucss.

Hi Siva,

If you do not have the UCSS, then ,, u need to contact Partner who could provide u with BoQ for migration.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks fo the info.

Hi Siva,

Basically, PCD is an pplication used for migration of legacy CUCM clusters version 6.1.5, 7.1.5 , 8.x to new VM based servers.Also, to change IP address on CUCM 10, switch versions,reboot and install COP files.

In your case, u can upgrade to 10 even without PCD. Just need to check the compatibility matrix.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/10_x/CUCM_BK_CD1DB914_00_compat_matrix.html

regds,

aman

Hello

1-As mr/Aman , you will need to purchase UCSS for 1 or 3 years up to youfrom one of the Cisco parteners resellers , which allow you to do upgrade ,then you can purchase as optional ESW which is useful to contact TAC for any upgrade Bugs .After that we can do convert from DLU to UCL via the product upgrade tool (PUT). Keep in your mind 6 DLUs converted to 1 X UCL.

Thanks

please rate all useful infromation

Thanks for the valuable information.

Dear Islam,

Should i required PCD for this upgradation?

Hello

I have a question , the upgrade will be for only CUCM or CUC , CUCX?.

You have the both ways "UCSS or PCD" // "where PCD do not need for licesnes" .PCD is a special feature for  V10.X  .

1-The PCD SW & ova should be shipped along with the CUCM 10.x bootable image.You should be able to find the OVA in www.cisco.com downloads section using the following path.

or

2-Downloads Home > Products > Unified Communications > Call Control > Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) > Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.0 > Unified Communications Manager Virtual Machine Templates-10.0(1).

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Hello

Kindly check the below link which is very useful . The below link includes also Video

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12108306/cisco-unified-communication-manager-cucm-10x

Thanks

Dear kamal,

The upgradation is for CUCM,UC,CWMS,CUCX.

Hello

PCD used for CUCM doesnt support CUC and UCCX migration at the moment .Just FYI

PCD used for migrate from  VM to VM ,and it comes with v 10.x.Direct Migration from "6.1(5),7.1(3)/7.1(5),8.0(1-3),8.6(1-2),9.x TO v10.0+".migration support "A-old IP/Hostname for all cluster nodes", "B-Changing IP .hostname for one or more nodes".

Thanks

You also need to review the RNs and new and changed documentation prior to any actual work on the servers.

You can also consider PCD

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: