cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 7.0(2) to 7.1(3)

KRISTINE OBrien
Level 1
Level 1

Do you need a to get a new Software Feature License if you are upgrading CUCM from 7.0(2) to 7.1(3)?

I would also like to say that I rarely have to post a question because I usually find the answers to my questions here.  Thanks to all that post and answer questions.

Kristine

38 Replies 38

The response I got from TAC was to open a case with the licensing team

to consolidate the license files due to the bug.

The response I got from the licensing team was asking for the sales

order number. The system has been in place for 2 years. Which

sales order are they referring to?

I will call them in the morning and let you guys know what they say.

Sent from my aiPhone

On Feb 4, 2010, at 8:15 PM, "jrgates@burns-wilcox.com"

All

I did what Cisco TAC recommended and NO joy, it is even worse now.

I deleted all the LIC files using the command "File delete license */".

Then when I try to add the LICs, I got an error saying the LIC file already exist.

Then i restarted Cisco License Manager and Cisco CUCM callmanager service.

After that I tried to add the LICs again and same problem I can't add it back. It says file already exist.

Then i rebooted the CUCM server and after the reboot attempted to add the LIC files again, same problem I cannot add the LIC files back.

So now I have no license on the server and I can't add any as well. Can anyone else help with this please.

Regards

Mohammed

All,

I am at the point with TAC that they have told me to delete the license

files and then add new ones. The last post didn't sound like something

I want to go through with a production system. Were you able to

resolve? And if so how?

Thanks

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

I was NOT able to resolve it until now, TAC requested root access last week to remove them from the DB, even having root access to CUCM still NO success.

I am in the process of getting NEW license generated now. I suggest you have the LIC's in hand first before deleting any LIC files.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mohammed

Yesterday I was issued a license file that consolidated all my phone

license files into one. Last night I went through the license files and

deleted them one at a time and then added the node license and the

software feature license back. I had around 40 phone license files or

so and now I have 4 license files total.

So are you working now?  Also what do you mean by Feature License?

Yes it's working now. I have 2 node licenses, 1 phone license and 1

upgrade license. The upgrade license is the feature license I was

referring to.

So there is an upgrade license required?

I don't think it's required. The issue that I was having was that I had

too many phone license files and needed to get the files consolidated

into one file.

Thanks for the update Kristine, glad to see yours is fixed and hopefully mine will follow as well. I think what Gate referring to is, will you need a NEW NODE license for upgrading from 7.(2) to 7.1(3). It looks to me like a New NODE License is required due to a bug or design issue for this particular upgrade.

For example I have a new system and I had my licenses for 7.0(2). When I upgraded to 7.1(3) the Node license could not be recognized. Removing and adding the licenses I had for 7.0.(2) doesn’t work.

So the only option I have now is to get a NEW NODE license for 7.1(3). Hopefully I will get it before the end of the week.

Regards

Mohammed Nour 

Hi Kristine and Mohammed,

Thanks for continuing your excellent follow-up in this thread +5 points

each for this kind gesture to help others here!

Just to summarize;

Kristine....your problem ended up being related to having too many

different License files being loaded? Is this related to a Bug or by design?

If this is a Bug could you please post this up for us.

Mohammed.....you also referenced a Bug or Bugs you have discovered

in this process, can you please link them up as well.

Thanks again! Great work.

Rob

Kristine and Mohammed,

I'd like to thank you also for your information and posting back.  This really gave me some things to look out for as I do my upgrade this weekend.

Thanks Again,

Gates

Glad I could help.  Like I said early on I really appreciate all the people who post and answer questions on this forum.  I rarely have to post a question because I can find the answers here.

The bug that caught my attention is CSCtc43971.  I found it in another post.  I am not sure if I was hitting this bug but it does refer to having too many licenses and that got me to start asking questions.

Happy Posting,

Kristine

Thanks Kristine!

Another wild and wonderful Bug for sure. Who would have thought

This is an excellent reference and something to keep in mind going forward.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

The main issue I was having on the previous version 7.0(2) is related to DBreplication. For some reason replications and DB change notifications between PUB and SUB fails. I did a research and figured out it could be related the following bugs.

CSCsw88022

CSCsw45761

I was also having another issue where the core switch was crying about "duplex mismatch" between the CUCM interfaces and the switch ports. When I check the switch interface and CUCM eth0, they both show 1000/Full.

When I upgraded to 7.1(3) all the problems are now gone, but now I am stuck with new problem (NODE licensing).

Regards

Mohammed 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: