Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 8.5 BE

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I want to  upgrade from 8.5.1 business edition to 9.1. what i know is that in 9.1 CUCM and CUC in buisness edition are not combined as such they are in 8.5. So how will be the datastore restoration procedure.

Can anybody guide me through the steps for the upgrade to 9.1 from 8.5

Thanks

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean going from 5k to 6k, then its COBRAS for CUC, BAT import/export for CUCM

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear jaime

Can you elaborate more please step by step. i am not worried about CUC i will configure from scratch but i want to do restore for CUCM,

so please provide a link with a step step explanation as it will be more helpfull for me as well as to others.

Thanks

Hello Jack,

Please check the BE5k to BE6K migration guide from the following link

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33988

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Dear,

I am little bit confuse on point 29, as per the link provided https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33988

so my plan for upgrade here it goes

Install 9.1 on fresh ucs

And perform the steps mentioned in points 30 to 37

Please correct me if i am wrong or i have to jump first to intermediate version such as 8.6.XXXX and then 9.1

it is recommended using the same release so that you can export and import do the same right now.  you need first upgrade your BE5K if its 8.6 to 9.1 and then follow the migration process. Please check the pre-check list in the doc while you begin the task.

The doc says

Ensure that your existing Cisco Business Edition 5000 (Cisco BE 5000) server is running version 9.1(1a) or later. If not, please follow the upgrade procedure for Cisco BE 5000 to upgrade the system to version 9.1(1a) or later before you utilize this migration process

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Dear

Yes i got what exatly did you mean, i have to get the Cisco Buisness editon 9.1(1a) from (PUT) for complete migration to Cisco Buisness 6000 9.1(1a),,please correct me if i am wrong.

Can you help me for the below query

I have just installed 8.5.1.10000-26 in a lab environment, after installing on the right hand corner drop down box there is no option for unty connection admnistration,servceability,Disaster ,etc,etc ??? is it i have to enable someplace so that it can be seen in the drop down box.

Installation says completed successfully.

Thanks

6K are complete separate installs for each product, only 5K was co-res on 7816/7828 and both products were accessible as you said.

HTH

java

Dears

While installing  CM 8.5 BE on UCS after the installation is successful i only see CUCM and not CUC in the administation page i hope this is normal behaviour for BE on UCS, please correct me ????

Here is the upgrade plan which i have in my mind please correct if i am on a wrong path

upgrade the current live version of 8.5 to 9.1 and then follow the steps as per the link provided above.

If there is another way fro upgrade without touching the live environment please suggest.because i have only one MCS server i.e publisher.

Yes, as i already explained, that co-res was only for 7816/7828, and if youre running a 5K, youre supposed to have only one server. On 6K, one install per product, 5K is not supported on UCS

Yes, if you dont want to use the method from the link, use BAT, adjust as necessary the files from 8.5, and import them on 9.1

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

Thanks for the reply

From your above reply what i understand , it is not necessary to upgradefrom BE 5000 8.5  to BE 5000 9.1 for upgrading to BE 6000 9.1 ,

Just follow the steps from 1 to 5 in existng BE 5000 8.5 and then restore steps from 30 to 37 in BE 6000 9.1

Please correct me.

Thanks

No, for that import/export to work as the doc says, you need to have the same release on both CUCMs.

HTH

java

Dear jaime,

if you dont want to use the method from the link, use BAT, adjust as necessary the files from 8.5, and import them on 9.1

what does your above reply means ???

Thanks

BAT files do not work on different CUCM versions without manual modification to make them compliant. The method from the doc assumes you have the same version, thus, its as easy as export/import. If you don't wish to upgrade, you'll need to adjust the files as necessary f you want to use BAT.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

BAT files do not work on different CUCM versions without manual modification to make them compliant. 

Atleast some hints to make it compliant  becz i am finding difficultes in arranging BE 5000 9.1

As the document matches BE 5000 9.1 to BE 6000 9.1, can we match BE 5000 8.6 with BE 6000 8.6

I have a UCSS contract, when i browse to Product upgrade tool (PUT) it does'nt give me any option for  BE 5000 what i see is all 6.X as per the attached.

From where i can get BE 5000 9.1. ???

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: