Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUCM Upgrade from 8.6.2 to 9.1.1

I read that CUCM upgrade from 8.6 to 9.x was supported as a direct upgade so I upgraded a CUCM cluster from 8.6.2 to 9.1.1. The 8.6.2 CUCM cluster (14 VM) is running in virtualized environment (4 C210 servers, esxi 5). The VM for every CUCM server has 2 vCPU, 2 80GB vDisks and 6 GB RAM. After the upgrade the CUCM Cluster is running 9.1.1. in active partition with 8.6.2 in inactive partition. I didn´t modify the VM for the servers, so the server with 9.1.1 are using the same value 2 vCPU, 2 80GB vDisks and 6 GB RAM (7500 users). I read that the VM for a fresh install of 9.1.1 require 2vCPU, 1 110GB vDisk and 6 GB RAM (for 7500 users). Can the diference in vDisks affect the performance of the CUCM in any way? Should I just modify the value in the VM to provision 110 GB to vDisk 1, and left 80 GB in vDisk 2.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You cant change the vDisks on the fly yet. Unless you reinstall CUCM, the vDisk will have to remain as 80gb. leaving it at 80gb wont cause issues.

Please rate useful posts.

3 REPLIES

You cant change the vDisks on the fly yet. Unless you reinstall CUCM, the vDisk will have to remain as 80gb. leaving it at 80gb wont cause issues.

Thanks for your help George.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct, with version 9 you cannot resize it, but Cisco fully supports running the 80GB partitions, ran into this a while back and confirmed.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content