Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from Cluster 7.1 a new Hardware Cluster v8

matthewlogan46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently, I have a cluster of CUCM version 7.1 and now I have purchased two new MCS server to install the CUCM version 8.5.

My question is: How is the procedure to export the configuration of the Cluster 7.1 and import this configuration into the new Cluster 8.5?

Note: the new server MCS are compatible with the version CUCM 8.5.

I appreciate your help.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use DRS but you need to install the exact same version on the new servers to then restore, or upgrade the old server to 8.5 and then restore on fresh 8.5 install.

Your other option is BAT.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Javalenc,

I would like to make the "option 1", which would be the following:

Option 1.

Execute the Disaster Recovery System in the current cluster 7.1.3 (older cluster)

In the news server install the CUCM version 7.1.3.

Then restore the files of the DRS in the new server.

But my first question is about the licences. These licence are imported with the DRS tool but with the old MAC of the Publisher server. Right?

How I do to regularize these licenses whit the new MAC of the new Publisher server?

You need to rehost the licenses and for that you need to reach licensing licensing@cisco.com

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Jacalenc,

Following with the steps, now I have the following:

1.- Execute the Disaster Recovery System in the current cluster 7.1.3 (older cluster)

2.- In the news server install the CUCM version 7.1.3.

3.- Then restore the files of the DRS in the new server.

4.- Rehost the the licenses whit licensing@cisco.com.

5.- Upload the "Rehost" License in the new Publisher.

6.- Download from Cisco.com the file: UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.10000-26.sgn

7.- Burn the upgrade file (UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.10000-26.sgn) and Insert the DVD into the disc drive of the new Publisher.

8.- Then go to Software/Upgrade > Install/Upgrade and select the DVD and install the upgrade file.

9.- Restart the server and activate the upgrade partition.

In the step 9, there is a change in the version of the Call Manager from the version 7.1.3 to 8.5.

And the new server migrated only has the licence of the application version 7.1.3, in this point I need a license of the aplication of CallManager version 8 ??

Yes, is necesary the UpgradeKit, this kit has the PAK for the Application software v8.

Yes, once you switch, your SW feature license will not work and you'll need to upload the one for 8.5

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: